Question Drive no longer shows up on My Computer

Feb 18, 2019
This has got me beat.
I have a WD Ext HDD 1021 USB external drive of 1T and I use it with Win 7.
I used HD Shredder 5.0.3 on the WD drive but after I had power outage it suddenly stopped showing up in My Computer as a drive and no program would find it - except HDD Shredder. So, I continued and completed the wiping today but it still does not show up on My Computer, on any computer. However, on going to 'Computer management' it appears in the list of drives there, no problems are reported (the drive is said to be working OK) and the driver is up-to-date. And yet it doesn't appear as a drive so I can use it (I've also tried different USB ports etc., without success).
Can anyone suggest a way to get it to be recognised again?
Thanks!

Feb 18, 2019
Further to my message above, when I click on 'Safely Remove Hardware', the WD drive is listed there: also, on going to the Devices and Printers menu in Control Panel, it is shown there too.
I've clicked on 'troubleshoot', but the response is "Troublesooting couldn't identify the problem".
I've disabled the driver and then enabled it but this doesn't assist. On "Device status:", it says This device is working properly."
So, it appears the PC knows it is there, and it is working, but won't show it in 'My computer' or anywhere where it is assigned a drive letter that would allow me to access it.
Any help would be MUCH appreciated (I'm an old-timer now, so if it can be simple, that would be a big help :-} )