Drive not formatted.Do you want to format it now?Healthy and NTFS

saikotam

Honorable
May 9, 2012
Hello!
I've had a problem previously .... while watching a tutorial video in youtube,Voice started to garble and the system progressively became slow on every start up.At last it took about 40 minutes just to show that WELCOME screen of windows. I was recommended to do a defrag.. i did my c drive but at that time i don't know why F drive was not in the hard drive list of defragmenter. I did not care. The defrag took about 4-5 hours and it was only 4% done. I decided to repair windows. I did repair it with the cd but i forgot the cd key. so i had to reinstall (after repairing as i did not provide the key while repairing with the cd. I got my friends key and reinstalled xp sp2. BUT HERE COMES THE PROBLEM!!! After logging in I get notified that "F:Drive is not formatted . Do you want to format it now?" It has about 15-20 gb data which I cannot take the chance of loosing.I checked the net and many forums....I tried all the methods (Partition doctor,Easus Partition recovery free version, TestDisk and a lot more....) none worked... please help me out. This is killing me!! :fou: :cry: someone please help me!!

tomatthe

Distinguished
If you've already tried those recovery programs you are probably out of luck other then sending it to a data recovery center. It is highly likely that hard drive needs replaced. The last thing I would know to suggest if you've already run recuva and the like is to try booting to an ubuntu live cd and see if it's able to access the partition at all.

saikotam

Honorable
May 9, 2012

Thanks for such a fast response.... data recovery softwares are able to recover the data ... but i donot have any other partition which can accommodate it... is there any method of repairing it other than recovering the data