Question drive not recognized

Dec 13, 2018
Hi, there;

I am having a problem with a pc I was working on. It's a Gateway DX4860-UR32P.
Its running
i5 2320
4gb 2x2 ddr3 kingston ram @1333
A seagte 500gb Hdd
Mobo is Acer H67 LGA 1155

It hadn't been used for a few months and I took it upon myself to take it apart, clean it and, put it back together so I could do a few minor upgrades and maybe use it for some light office work. first thing that I found out was that the CPU fan was starting to fail because whenever I plugged it to the cpu fan header, the pc wouldnt boot and said it was a cpu fan problem even though the cpu fan was running. after some troubleshooting I decidied order an OEM lga1155 fan/heatsync to replace the old one (it was a succes). I also orderd a 120gb SSD ( ADATA SU650) so I could use it as a boot drive and use the original Hdd it came with as storage. For some odd reason, the pc will not run both drives at the same time. It will run each one individually though, for example, If i plug just the ssd with the cloned data from the hdd, the pc will boot with out a problem. if Ithen swap the ssd for the hdd it will also boot fine, obviously a bit slower. but if I connect both of them at the same time it will boot out of the first drive but the second one will not be recognized in any way. I checked all the sata ports and they all work fine, I checked all the sata power connectors and all work fine aswell, I checked all the sata data cables I have and they all work fine. I connected both drives in my personal pc and both are recognized at the same time. The problem is that the original pc wont run 2 drives at a time. Im not sure what could be causing the problem.Please Help a brother out.