drive problem

Hi can anyone help?
My dvd rom/cr-rw drive cannot be found on my computer. When I check it in
device manager it says:Windows cannot start this hardware device because its
configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code
19).
I re-installed it and re-booted and nothing! I also purchased a new external
dvd-rw and when I plug it in it says the same thing?
anyone?

You can do/chk 2 areas,go to run,type:regedit,in regedit expand:HKEY_LOCAL_
MACHINE,software,microsoft,windows,current version,then open source path.
Youre drive should be listed as,name: Source Path Type:REG_SZ Data:E:\
E: being the drive,then also as: Installation Sources: E:\
Those can be added and should be there,the other is to repair the registry,
for those try search at microsoft,the #s are:307545,and 307973
listed