[SOLVED] Drive Scan & Repair On Every Startup

Dec 11, 2018
I have searched for a while about this and every solution I look up seems to fail.

For the past week I’ve noticed that on every startup, my laptop scans and repairs drive (E:). I recently noticed that I couldn’t delete a folder for a game uninstalled and reinstalled. To repair this I looked up a solution that told me to update my BIOS. I did his once in the past for some other error, and it fixed it so I tried doing it again. Upon trying to load the update file from my flash drive to my laptop i noticed that my bios was already updated. I think this might be what is causing my pc to scan the drive on every single startup. If someone would be so kind to help me fix this issue, it would mean a lot to me. It’s really annoying trying to do university work and having to wait up to and hour to turn on my laptop. Thanks

My laptop is an Asus Rog GL771JW
Operating System: Windows 10

Solution
Open Task Manager and select the Startup tab.

Look for some app or utility that may be launching the scan/repair actions.

You should be able to disable that. Or find the configuration settings to reconfigure.

Look carefully and google anything that seems unsual or otherwise not expected before doing anything.

Ralston18

Titan
Open Task Manager and select the Startup tab.

Look for some app or utility that may be launching the scan/repair actions.

You should be able to disable that. Or find the configuration settings to reconfigure.

Look carefully and google anything that seems unsual or otherwise not expected before doing anything.

Solution