[SOLVED] Drive shows up in bios with 0 size?

May 9, 2020
Crucial NVME ssd CT500P2SSD8 is detected in bios with a size of 0. When booting from a USB drive to the windows 10 installer the drive isn't seen at all.

The build has an asrock b365m-itx/ac mother board... and I tried updating it's bios to the most recent instant flash 4.20 update. But that didn't fix it. Does this mean my drive was DOA? It's late tonight... I'll put it as a slave in my personal rig tomorrow to see if it is visible. And update this here.

Solution
Make sure sata controller is set to AHCI in BIOS (not to Intel RST with Optane).
Also check for vnme raid option. That should be turned off (if available).
May 9, 2020
Try to remove any sata drives and see if that make any difference.
NVMe SSD share lanes sometime with SATA ports. Be sure to check your board manual to see if it's the case and you have any other drives connected to the wrong ports when using an NVMe.
Thanks for the suggestion... this build has no other drives (these days when the price between an nvme and a standard ssd is less than $10 I always go nvme). This is a new system with just the basics I'm building for an in-law. It's just the CPU, motherboard, ram, and drive. That's it... Here's the part list...

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/4l3af/saved/#view=RYsfP6

Any other guesses or suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this?

May 9, 2020
You can visit the motherboard manufacturer website and see if you find a list over compatible hw. Maybe Crucial have a similar list of motherboards.
I didn't see anything like that on ASRock's site... but on Crucial's site they say the motherboard I picked is 100% compatible with their nvme ssd that I bought. So I'm guessing at this point it's a dead controller.