Question Drive upgrade for HP M01-F0024

rjo98

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Was looking to get a 1TB or 2TB drive for a HP M01-F0024. I always start on Crucial, but not tied to them, and looks like I can get 1TB or 2TB of their P5 or P5 Plus line which seem to be faster than the stock drive that came in it.

Can that model even handle the "Plus" version or will it run slower due to the computer so it's not worth the extra money? Any suggestions for upgrades not from Crucial? I haven't bought a drive in a long time so not sure what's even good pricing these days.

Was looking to get a 1TB or 2TB drive for a HP M01-F0024. I always start on Crucial, but not tied to them, and looks like I can get 1TB or 2TB of their P5 or P5 Plus line which seem to be faster than the stock drive that came in it.

Can that model even handle the "Plus" version or will it run slower due to the computer so it's not worth the extra money? Any suggestions for upgrades not from Crucial? I haven't bought a drive in a long time so not sure what's even good pricing these days.
Seems to be a secret if the m.2 slot is pcie3 or pcie4.
If you want to replace the existing ssd shop for a pcie3 disk.
If you just want to increase storage think about adding a 2.5 ssd.

Reactions: rjo98

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I don't have a PCIE SSD but I think HWiNFO shows info about the PCIE ports/slot under Bus. PCIE version and maximum link width etc.

You can find the portable version here which doesn't need installation. You can run it and check if it shows the data for the HP proprietary system too.

Reactions: rjo98

rjo98

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Just want to get a 1TB or 2TB drive as the last purchase for the life of this PC, everything else suits my needs, but that small drive in there with the OS and apps, but I don't want to move apps to an older, slower secondary SSD I have in there now that I've loaded up with data for the time being.

Is there a way I can tell through Windows if it's a pcie3 or pcie4?

Found this site https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-desktop-pc-m01-f0000a/38096274/document/c06418906

and under expansion slots it says
  • One PCIe x16 socket
  • One PCIe x1 socket
  • One M.2 socket 1, key A
  • One M.2 socket 3, key M for SSD (PCIe x4)
Based on the cpu support list for that mobo I doubt it supports pcie4.

Even if it did the perf diff for most folks would be zip.

Shop for a quality pcie3 m.2.

Reactions: Lafong and rjo98

TRENDING THREADS