powermaker

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
So I was testing some PC components and when I was shutting down system I unplugged my SSD too fast, before the system fully shut downed and from this moment my PC doesn't want to shut down correctly: I click "shut down" button, screen goes black like it should, fans don't stop spinning and then after about 10 minutes screen turns on, PC blue screens without any error code and then I need to turn it off with power button, because it won't trun off by itself. When I boot to safe mode it shuts down like it should. I think it might be a driver problem but I don't know how to check that. I already tried uninstalling nvidia drivers with DDU and it didn't help, so it's not display drivers. And one last thing: when I go to device manager and check for devices it won't find any devices, it will just search for devices infinitely.

Specs:
i5 4570
GTX 1060 3gb
ASRock B85M DASH/OL
8gb ram
SSD - Crucial MX500 250gb

Last edited:

powermaker

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
So now the error code did show up, it was "Driver_power_state_failure" so it is 100% driver problem. But the thing is I recorded the exact time when it blue screened (with seconds) and I couldn't find anything about it in Event Viewer. And I have no clue why "find devices" option in Device Manager doesn't work.

powermaker

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Another thing I discovered is that I can't plug any NEW devices to my PC. For example if my keyboard and mouse is already plugged, they work, but when I plug in my USB stick, windows doesn't want to recognize it.