Nov 26, 2019
For a time now I had the problem that my Nvidia Driver just crashes regulary and I found many solutions to solve my problem. Most post said I had to reinstalling my Nvidia Driver or installing Windows new. There were some others that said, that I should install a different display driver version or change some things with regedit.

I did most things I found and it never really helped. But after some trial and error with switching hardware out, I found out that the Driver only crashes when I have all my RAM inside.

When I only have my Corsair inside it doesn't crash and when I have my G.Skill inside it also doesn't crash. But when I have both inside the Driver crashes about every 30 minutes, sometimes faster sometime slower.

On a reddit post I made I only got one answer that said I couldn't use different RAM on the same Mainboard and that is why the driver crashes. But I did find a few posts online that said it shouldn't be a problem to have RAM of different Hz or Manufactorer if the Mainboard does support it.

I hope somebody can help me clear my confusion if you can mix different RAM or not. Because if I buy a new RAM-Stick I don't wish for the same problem to repeat itself.

Things I already tried:
  • Reinstalled Windows
  • Reinstalled Nvidia Driver and different Versions with DDU
  • Did a Memtest
Thanks for reading this and trying to help.

[PCPartPicker Part List](https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/2JFXb8)
TYPEITEM
CPUAMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
MOTHERBOARDGigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3
MEMORYCorsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
MEMORYG.Skill Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
STORAGECrucial MX500 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
STORAGEWestern Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
VIDEO CARDEVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card
POWER SUPPLYbe quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Last edited: