[SOLVED] Driver error 43 on multiple GPUs

Jan 22, 2019
Hi everyone,
So last month my GTX 780 crashed while gaming, the screen froze and after waiting a while I pulled the plug and restarted it. This appeared to uninstall the drivers and I got the error 43 in device manager. I tried everything, disabled automatic windows driver updates, used the display driver uninstall tool multiple times, reseated the card and after days of trying I took the card out and ordered an RX 570.

So yesterday my new card arrives, I get an error when installing the AMD drivers but after completely removing the old drivers I managed to install them. Then I restart my computer and I'm greeted by a window on the AMD site saying thank you for installing the drivers. When I try and load the AMD settings software it wont open and gives me a 'No AMD driver not installed or functioning correctly' error message

So far I've:
Reset my PC, keeping the files
Factory reset my PC back to stock windows 10
Installed all the possible drivers for my hardware
Updated the BIOS
Reset the CMOS
Uninstalled the display drivers, disabled windows automatic driver downloads and installed the relevant drivers in safe mode
I've changed the power supply cable to the GPU, Ive taken it out to make sure it's properly seated in the PCI-e slot

I have done absolutely everything and spent at least 20 hours trying various fixes.
Has anyone got any idea what else I could try. I have a feeling its related to the motherboard as a brand new GPU shouldn't give the same error as the last GPU I had.

Somebody please help me before I completely lose my mind

Parts List:
ASUS Z170I ITX Pro Gaming Motherboard
i7 6700k
8gb Gskill ram
Be quiet 650 watt gold PSU
Crucial mx500 128gb (boot)
Samsung 850 evo 500gb (backup)

Solution
Two video cards with issues, so it's going to an issue with the PCIe slot (which you can't test since you only have one) or a power supply issue.