Question Driver error

May 30, 2020
Hello. So recently I got a lot of crashes when playing games. I decided to look into my event viewer and I found these errors / criticals:

"A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices"

"The device HID-compliant headset (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem
"

After some more research I found out it has something to do with my audio, so I went to device manager and found out that HID-compliant headset had an error:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)
The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated
"

When I uninstall my headset it says it's working properly, but after a while it crashes my pc again.

I've tried some things but nothing has helped so far. Please help.

P.S. If this is under the wrong category, my bad, still trying to find my way around here.

EDIT 1:

i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz
GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
MSI MAG270 TOMAHAWK
32GB DDR4-3200 HYPERX RAM
500GB Kingston SSD
2TB HDD
500GB HDD
Coolermaster 700W (idk what series)

I already did all the troubleshooters, nothing.
I reinstalled drivers from my audio devices several times, via the website of the manufacturer and also by disconnecting the audio device, restarting PC and plugging it back again.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system specs and OS.

Windows 10? Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Look in Device Manager (Audio inputs and outputs) and determine what audio devices are installed.

Go to the applicable manufacturer's website to download, reinstall, and reconfigure the drivers.

May 30, 2020
Update your post to include full system specs and OS.

Windows 10? Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Look in Device Manager (Audio inputs and outputs) and determine what audio devices are installed.

Go to the applicable manufacturer's website to download, reinstall, and reconfigure the drivers.

I edited the message.

I already did all the troubleshooters, nothing.
I reinstalled drivers from my audio devices several times, via the website of the manufacturer and also by disconnecting the audio device, restarting PC and plugging it back again.

Just did a factory reset, no problems so far. Currently installing a few programs that can help me test.

May 30, 2020
Alright, Started testing by playing some games, and after around 30 minutes my pc shut down again. No driver-related issue, but rather this error:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

I think this indiciates a different problem and will start a new thread.
This issue is mark as solved, by resetting everything to factory settings.

May 30, 2020
That is standard error message, you get after rebooting your pc without clean shutdown first (like pressing reset button for example).

Yeah but like, I was just playing games and then it shut down. I recorded the time and the time in the event viewer matched my recorded time. Other than that error, I only have this warning:

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_0951&PID_16A4&MI_03&Col02\7&1c94fa2&0&0001.

May 30, 2020
Have you tried using your system without the headset?
.. or without usb adapter - by connecting the headset to 3.5mm audio connector in your pc?
Will do that, good one. I also found a simliar issue with this solution: Check the PSU cable thats connected to the GPU. Maybe it’s not connected well, so it doesn’t get enough power and therefor shuts down.

TRENDING THREADS