multig

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2005
I need a driver for the floppy, supported by XP, but different to the one it installs automatically.

It´s due that I can´t write to the floppy, but when I disabled the onboard SIS AGP Graphics Adaptor on the Device Manager, then I´m able to write to it.

The graphics driver was updated, but the problem persists. For this reason I need to test with a different floppy driver.

But to find it on any site of the web has been impossible for me. Does anybody knows exactly where to find it ?

dhlucke

Polypheme
I have. I was seeing if you would pick up the difference. The term floppy stuck, but it's actually a diskette.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!

multig

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2005
Guys, that´s my son´s PC and diskettes are STILL (yes, with capitals) the cheapest way to take homeworks to shool. If it gets lost, I don´t care.

I went to sis.com, but the SIS 620 later chipset driver is for W98SE.

The MoBo is around 5 years ago but runing great with WXP (it was updated to SP2) , just having this only problem that I can´t copy to floppy (as well explained above), I wonder if is there anyone who knows where to find or have an XP floopy driver, but different to the one that installs XP automatically.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I wish I could help you but I haven't had a floppy drive in years. I don't remember ever having to worry about a driver.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
ive never seen a driver for a floppy controler, the default xp driver is sufficient. i highly doubt this guys problem is due to a floppy driver problem. unless the driver is corrupt or somthing.

go tell your alien brothers, that ronnie cordova says they're gay!!! <A HREF="http://sockbaby.com" target="_new"> sock baby </A>