Driver going on and off

barrymobiel

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010
hi,

When i watch a youtube vid or any other video my screen goes black and says no signal. Then when i get my screen back it says that my driver has stopped working and has restored itself. It is realy working on my nerves so plz help me.
I have an asus gtx 560-ti and my screen is an acer al1951.

Thank you.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Updating the drivers would seem like a good idea to try out first. I used to get that error with my Intel 945GM onboard graphics and the driver update fixed that... stock drivers are often garbage, IME.

c3h8

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
Are you running vista? If so your fix is upgrading to Win7.

Re-Seat your graphics card (remove and put back) taking care to clean out the PCIe slot and the card's heat sink with compressed air. GIVE BOTH AT LEAST 15 MINUTES TO AIR OUT BEFORE USE. (Compressed air = cold = condensation)

Fully un-install your graphics card drives, and install the latest are a reboot. If you download the drivers first (before un-installing) it will save you quite a headache.

Check all your cables are firmly connected and working reliably. (I had to learn that the hard way)

Pray to the Windows Gods for better Driver Support.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
I don't agree that the fix is upgrading to Win7... it's true that I had similar problem on Vista, but I think there's an update that fixes it, if it's not the driver.

Driver support is good: I'm using the same driver myself on the same card with no issues.

barrymobiel

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010
i was thinking of cleaning my drivers. I have windows 7 64bit. I reinstalled the latest driver, i'm going to check later if the problem is solved. I'll keep you guys posted.