Question Driver install failure

Mar 4, 2021
I recently bought a pc with asus prime z490-a motherboard and I installed a windows 10 while installing windows does not update and I installed the motherboard's drivers but after the reset except chipset other drivers didn't install I tried to install one by one from their folders but they dont work and error page says the os is not compatible with the driver if I can just install the lan and connect to the net I can update all the things how can I make my lan driver installed? I tried from device Manager the ethernet is listed but has a yellow icon beside and cant get the driver from dvd

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're advised to download drivers from Asus's motherboard support site and store drivers onto a pen drive. Once you've completed OS install, you're then advised to install the drivers, manually, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Mar 4, 2021
Thanks I will
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're advised to download drivers from Asus's motherboard support site and store drivers onto a pen drive. Once you've completed OS install, you're then advised to install the drivers, manually, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Thanks but the windows I installed is old and needs to update which driver should I Download from the asus site the oldest or the newest?