Driver install with strange message

nahid08

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
I have just added new Nvidia Geforce 9800 in my system. When installing driver a message appeared which is something like, "Driver has not passed with windows logo testing". I pressed "continue anyhow" button to install it. After installing screen went black and then everything became normal.

What was windows logo testing? Is it normal or will it make any trouble in future?

nahid08

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

I forgot to mention that I am not using pure Nvidia Geforce Card. It is XFX Nvidia Geforce card.

Will that Nvidia Geforce card driver work in XFX Nvidia Geforce card?

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

True, Guru3D can be trusted, but I was thinking more along the line that the OP did a google search for "drivers" or something like that and clicked on a malware site.
Try it yourself: type in "ATI drivers" and you get a "sponsored link" on top of the page that tries to get you to download adware, then you get the real AMD site and then some more shady looking sites offering drivers along with adware.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
"I forgot to mention that I am not using pure Nvidia Geforce Card. It is XFX Nvidia Geforce card.

Will that Nvidia Geforce card driver work in XFX Nvidia Geforce card?"

Yes, it will, there are no "pure" nvidia cards, nvidia outsources actual production to manufacturers such as XFX, but nvidia designs the chips and makes the drivers.