Question Driver Installation Recommendations For MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi DDR4

mementomorality

Prominent
Jul 5, 2022
Hello,

I am going to be building my first PC soon. I have the MSI PROZ690-A WiFi DDR4 motherboard, and am unsure which drivers I should install (attached link takes you to the drivers page). I will be installing Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from a USB drive.

The mobo comes with a DVD that has all the drivers (necessary and apparently some unnecessary bloatware/trialware/utilities), but I don't have a disk drive, nor do the people I know have one. I guess it's also fine because the drivers on the website should be the most up-to-date, so I might as well download them onto a USB from there. From that linked list, I truly don't know which ones I will need at all. Can anyone help me choose the necessary drivers to install? Thanks so much! If I've missed anything, please let me know.

Lutfij

Titan
In your current state, download all drivers meant for your motherboard and store them onto a thumb drive. Once you have your system up and running with an OS, manually install your drivers after you copy the drivers over to your platform. Be sure to manually install the latest driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Go in this order;
  1. Motherboard Chipset
  2. USB and third party controllers
  3. Management Engine Interface (Intel)
  4. Audio
  5. Networking adapter (Wired and/or Wireless)
  6. Graphics card (onboard or dedicated)
  7. Storage (native and/or third party)
  8. Keyboard and/or mouse
  9. Gamepads and game controllers
  10. Displays and/or monitors

Reactions: mementomorality

mementomorality

Prominent
Jul 5, 2022
In your current state, download all drivers meant for your motherboard and store them onto a thumb drive. Once you have you system up and running with an OS, manually install your drivers after you copy the drivers over to your platform. Be sure to manually install the latest driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Go in this order;
  1. Motherboard Chipset
  2. USB and third party controllers
  3. Management Engine Interface (Intel)
  4. Audio
  5. Networking adapter (Wired and/or Wireless)
  6. Graphics card (onboard or dedicated)
  7. Storage (native and/or third party)
  8. Keyboard and/or mouse
  9. Gamepads and game controllers
  10. Displays and/or monitors
Thank you!

Would these ones from the website need to be installed as well? I'm not sure which ones are bloatware (have tons of it on my laptop and want to minimize it as much as possible on my PC) and which ones are necessary.

Intel SVGA Drivers from the On-Board VGA Drivers tab
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver from the On-Board SATA AHCI/RAID Drivers tab
Intel Serial IO Drivers from the Others Drivers tab

Hello,

I am going to be building my first PC soon. I have the MSI PROZ690-A WiFi DDR4 motherboard, and am unsure which drivers I should install (attached link takes you to the drivers page). I will be installing Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from a USB drive.

The mobo comes with a DVD that has all the drivers (necessary and apparently some unnecessary bloatware/trialware/utilities), but I don't have a disk drive, nor do the people I know have one. I guess it's also fine because the drivers on the website should be the most up-to-date, so I might as well download them onto a USB from there. From that linked list, I truly don't know which ones I will need at all. Can anyone help me choose the necessary drivers to install? Thanks so much! If I've missed anything, please let me know.
i would think that the windows installer would have the needed stuff to get the machine to function.

After that it's just head out to the mobo site and update stuff as needed.

Start with the bios and chipset driver and test.

Then slowly work your way down the list.

Reactions: mementomorality