Driver issue: "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"

Oct 21, 2018
"Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" is listed above my graphics card in device manager.

When I check device status:
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter.

This is a new system. I have already used DDU before installing latest the Nvidia driver for my card (EVGA GTX 1050 TI). What can I do to resolve this? Thank you in advance :)

HMTYL9s

Image for reference: https://imgur.com/a/HMTYL9s

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Not sure what it is you're asking? Is the 1050 Ti working correctly? Is there a problem caused by the error message? The driver may have never been installed if win was installed with the 1050 ti in place.
It might be as simple as removing the 1050 ti from the system and booting up using the iGPU. Either let win update find the necessary driver, or install it yourself.
Pre-built PC?
List the system specs.

Oct 21, 2018

Thanks for your response. I built the system and the 1050 TI seems to be working fine. I was just concerned if there was a driver conflict which may hinder performance.

Specs:
Ryzen 3 2200g
2x4GB HyperX Fury 2400 MHz
MSI B350M Mortar
EVGA GTX 1050 TI SC

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Maybe I'm not following you. Are you saying you can't install the latest Nvidia driver for the 1050 Ti?
There should be an Nvidia icon in your TRAY if the Nvidia driver is being used. If not, then we may have a problem.
Otherwise, I would say that the MS default driver is there for the 2200g's iGPU. To use the AMD driver for the iGPU, you would need to install it with the 1050 Ti removed and the monitor plugged into the motherboard video port.

Maybe list your specs.