[SOLVED] Driver Issues? Or so I think...?

kylegavin7

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
Ive been having some driver issues over the past few months and while at first it wasnt really concerning to me as it would only happen every once in a while, now it seems to happen every day, sometimes even once or twice. My PC will restartand get messaged such as:
  • Kernel Security Check
  • System Thread Exception
  • Memory Management

After research, most pages suggested to update my graphics driver, and after doing so the error still appears. Im currently working on updating other oudated drivers using the Driver Easy app (assuming this is good enough to use) but honestly I wouldnt be suprised if this wdoesnt work too, Anything else I should try if these were to fail?

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Not sure if there is a proper to way to check system...

kylegavin7

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
CPU - Ryzen 5 2400g
GPU - RX Vega 11 Integrated Graphics
PSU - ATX Switching Power Supply, ATX-500B (500w)
MB - ASRock A320M-HMV
RAM - 8GB (only 6.93 usable? I have no idea if this is normal)
Not sure if anything other specs are needed but let me know

Not sure if there is a proper to way to check system temps as im fairly inexperienced with PC's but AMD software is saying around 55 celsius for both.

It should also be noted that the crash happens when im doing things that would normally run fine in the past. Like recently its everytime I am rendering a video so its not like I am doing anything over the top.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder

Not sure if there is a proper to way to check system temps as im fairly inexperienced with PC's but AMD software is saying around 55 celsius for both.

Solution

kylegavin7

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019

Im fairly sure I did all this correctly..but if theres anything wrong please let me know :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yUl2fT8H4jjNHAjuzKGOLcg3byNxJWdb/view?usp=sharing

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/L1ru3wka/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:051221-28578-01.dmp (May 11 2021 - 21:28:39)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (BE)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Spotify.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 24 Min(s), and 02 Sec(s)

File information:051121-27937-01.dmp (May 11 2021 - 15:20:11)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Registry)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 11 Min(s), and 50 Sec(s)

File information:051121-27859-01.dmp (May 11 2021 - 16:04:03)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: csrss.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 53 Sec(s)

File information:051121-26562-01.dmp (May 11 2021 - 15:07:49)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: qmelt.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 28 Sec(s)

File information:051121-25125-01.dmp (May 11 2021 - 15:36:23)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: qmelt.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/a320m-hdv r3.0/index.asp
There are BIOS updates available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
notices mention of Driver Easy in 1st post, wishes you hadn't.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

what WIFI card is it?
May 29 2015netr28x.sysMediaTek or Ralink Wireless Adapter driver
if you don't use WIFI, your ethernet drivers are also old. newest here is 4th link under windows https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

kylegavin7

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
Ive looked into both methods and if im not mistaken I would need a USB? Like I said im not very experienced with computers so sorry for the extra hassle :/

Also with Driver Easy I thankfully looked more into it today and realised it was a useless piece of software, thankfully, I didnt actually install anything from the software itself and just scanned the drivers a few times.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Yes, you need a USB drive to run memtest as it doesn't use windows, it runs by itself as it would likely cause errors if windows was also running.

easiest way to run USB would be to go into windows advanced startup and then choose an option there that lets you use another device to boot off
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
this restarts PC in a blue menu
now on this menu there should be an option called "Use Device"
if you have Usb in PC when you get to this menu, it should be a choice. Simply choosing it should restart PC and boot memtest

this might help - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-test-your-ram.3691373/

kylegavin7

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
Yes, you need a USB drive to run memtest as it doesn't use windows, it runs by itself as it would likely cause errors if windows was also running.

easiest way to run USB would be to go into windows advanced startup and then choose an option there that lets you use another device to boot off
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
this restarts PC in a blue menu
now on this menu there should be an option called "Use Device"
if you have Usb in PC when you get to this menu, it should be a choice. Simply choosing it should restart PC and boot memtest

this might help - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-test-your-ram.3691373/
I dont own a USB so id have to actually go out and buy one but I opened up my PC and switched the ram from one slot to the other slot and now it seems to be working? Im yet to have a crash but its been a day so ill have to keep testing things. Ill keep you updated.

I dont own a USB so id have to actually go out and buy one but I opened up my PC and switched the ram from one slot to the other slot and now it seems to be working? Im yet to have a crash but its been a day so ill have to keep testing things. Ill keep you updated.
Running memtest might still be required even if swaping ram sticks would solve your problem. That's because it would indicate problem with ram slots, and those are often caused by bent pins on CPU. And that can cause more problems in future.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I dont own a USB so id have to actually go out and buy one
not sure about going anywhere to buy it besides a website where you pick one you like and pay for it and they send you one. I bought three new ones a few weeks ago, 2 x 32gb and 1 x 256gb , as I was sick of using USB 2 sticks and wanted to backup my music on something that doesn't take a day to write from.
You don't need 32gb but you also don't have to go anywhere to buy it.