4 weeks ago I build a new PC with the following specs;

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: MSI GTX1080
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz 16GB
Power supply: Corsair TX550M V2
SSD M.2: Intel 660p 1TB
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C

Now everything basically went flawless after the built but I got a BSOD after using my computer for a good 30 minutes. If my computer was idle, it just ran and nothing happened. Every single BSOD I got had something to do with either the Ram or Drivers according to the internet. I got the ''irql_not_less_or_equal'' BSOD and the ''Page fault in nonpaged area'' for example. I've tried different RAM sticks but that didn't fix it so I'm looking at my drivers, I've completely newly installed my Windows including each of my drivers but the problem still occurs.

The BSOD doesn't tell me which driver it is which is quite annoying. How do I exactly fix this problem?

Sep 28, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Do you have the dump files that you can link here for us to download?

Thanks!

I have found the dump files but I don't have WDK to open them. I also can't upload them because I don't have permission to this folder. I have tried taking permission of this folder but I get errors when I do so.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thanks!

I have found the dump files but I don't have WDK to open them. I also can't upload them because I don't have permission to this folder. I have tried taking permission of this folder but I get errors when I do so.
Yes I meant for you to link the file directly here - you just need to upload it onto a file sharing site like google drive or a temp file transfer site and post the link here so I can download it.

Reactions: EverythingInACar

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have run the dump file and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/nduS.html

Summary of findings:
BugCheck 50
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PpmIdleExecuteTransition+1ccb13 )

Bugcheck Description:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
"This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced. Typically the memory address is wrong or the memory address is pointing at freed memory.

A page fault occurs when virtual memory pages cannot be correctly translated into physical memory. Depending on how the hardware and OS deal with a page fault and why the page fault occurs, will vary the stop error that might be encountered."

About your bugcheck:
"Bug check 0x50 can be caused by the installation of a faulty system service or faulty driver code. Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.

It could also occur after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM)."

Some things to consider:
  • I would highly advise you to view the full report above, as this will contain much more detail as to the bugcheck and modules running at the time.
  • There is a new Audio driver available for your board I believe: Link
  • You may also want to verify the chipset is the latest: Link - 19.10.16
  • Following that I would potentially roll back NVIDIA drivers as some of the latest ones have caused some issues.
  • If these fail, it may be worth running memtest.

There aren't many drivers to choose from, and Page Faults are typically driver based, if not they are related to your storage and RAM as they're what use "pages". So check the above and the report first, then feedback.

Sep 28, 2019
I have run the dump file and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/nduS.html

Summary of findings:

Some things to consider:

• I would highly advise you to view the full report above, as this will contain much more detail as to the bugcheck and modules running at the time.
  • There is a new Audio driver available for your board I believe: Link
  • You may also want to verify the chipset is the latest: Link - 19.10.16
  • Following that I would potentially roll back NVIDIA drivers as some of the latest ones have caused some issues.
  • If these fail, it may be worth running memtest.
There aren't many drivers to choose from, and Page Faults are typically driver based, if not they are related to your storage and RAM as they're what use "pages". So check the above and the report first, then feedback.

Thanks for running the dump file!

I have the latest audio + chipset drivers installed. I just now rolled back the NVIDIA driver as suggested, so far its going alright, no crash just yet. I'll let you know if this fixed the problem.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Sep 28, 2019
New dump file; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qocw-3j3hlCW972ROUmhR7tZS04Wo15x/view

I've been noticing that it happens whenever I watch streams on Twitch or watch YouTube videos or even play a game. It doesn't happen when I just browse on the internet. Sometimes it works for a long time when I only watch a Twitch stream but as soon as I open a new tab to do something else then it'll crash after 5mins of doing so.

I have not overclocked the system at all. I also do not have XMP/DOCP enabled any longer. I have reset the CMOS before, didn't fix it. Also flashed my BIOS but that also didn't fix it.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have run the dump file and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/47IM.html

Summary of findings:
BugCheck A
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiInterruptSubDispatchNoLockNoEtw+d1 )

Bugcheck Description:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
"This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at an invalid address while at a raised interrupt request level (IRQL).
This is typically either a bad pointer or a pageability problem.

P1 is the address that could not be referenced."

About your bugcheck:
"Bug check 0xA is usually caused by kernel mode device drivers using improper addresses. This is either a bad memory pointer or a pageability problem with the device driver code. Examine the third party drivers .

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error. For more information, see Open Event Viewer. Look for critical errors in the system log that occurred in the same time window as the blue screen."

Some things to consider:
- What internet/LAN/Wireless drivers are you using? There are no internet drivers loaded? The dump file is identifying Win8 driver faults, so I'm wondering if you have an older wireless adapter for example or are you using on board ethernet? If so, I can't see any LAN drivers, which you can download here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX#down-driver&Win10 64

Sep 28, 2019
I have run the dump file and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/47IM.html

Summary of findings:

Some things to consider:

- What internet/LAN/Wireless drivers are you using? There are no internet drivers loaded? The dump file is identifying Win8 driver faults, so I'm wondering if you have an older wireless adapter for example or are you using on board ethernet? If so, I can't see any LAN drivers, which you can download here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX#down-driver&Win10 64

Thats very interesting. I have downloaded the drivers from the MSI website already so I definitely have those installed. I'm using an ethernet cable into my onboard LAN port. I'm not using wireless.

So could it be that MSI has the wrong LAN drivers? Windows 8 ones? Maybe I should install these LAN drivers elsewhere?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thats very interesting. I have downloaded the drivers from the MSI website already so I definitely have those installed. I'm using an ethernet cable into my onboard LAN port. I'm not using wireless.

So could it be that MSI has the wrong LAN drivers? Windows 8 ones? Maybe I should install these LAN drivers elsewhere?
Doubt it. MB manufacturer should have latest as long as you have only been installing from there directly.
If you are able to recreate the error, I'd be tempted to run in Safe Mode and see if the issue repeats, but may be difficult if it only happens when you're actually doing inducing load.

At this early point, I would usually say it may be worth Hardware testing, but dump files are currently pointing to drivers in some way.
Regardless it may be worth running memtest as I stated earlier just to make sure.
Also worth running HD Sentinel just to verify there's nothing obviously weong with the storage drives.

Sep 28, 2019
Definitely does look driver related but I don't understand how really.

I have already ran memtest before for about 24 hours and it found 0 errors. I also have recently swapped SSD drives and both got me a BSOD so I find it unlikely that its got something to do with storage drives. I've ran chkdsk before and it found 0 errors. I don't think its hardware related at all honestly, I've also swapped RAM before as I mentioned so it can't be the ram (right?!).

I can't watch youtube / twitch videos in safe mode?

I don't know, I'm just really lost. Not sure if the dump files really help because all they say is that its most likely driver related but none of them specifically say which driver or do they? Can't it just be NVIDIA and AMD having a fight over who's in the driving seat? I've never used AMD software before, always used intel and NVIDIA so I'm completely unfamilair with these issues haha.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Definitely does look driver related but I don't understand how really.

I have already ran memtest before for about 24 hours and it found 0 errors. I also have recently swapped SSD drives and both got me a BSOD so I find it unlikely that its got something to do with storage drives. I've ran chkdsk before and it found 0 errors. I don't think its hardware related at all honestly, I've also swapped RAM before as I mentioned so it can't be the ram (right?!).

I can't watch youtube / twitch videos in safe mode?

I don't know, I'm just really lost. Not sure if the dump files really help because all they say is that its most likely driver related but none of them specifically say which driver or do they? Can't it just be NVIDIA and AMD having a fight over who's in the driving seat? I've never used AMD software before, always used intel and NVIDIA so I'm completely unfamilair with these issues haha.
The nature of the dump files is often to try and hone into the problem itself, the difficulty being with consumer drivers you never necessarily see if there is just an unstable new driver. They're still useful as they're specifically stating what modules are loaded when the crash happens. And eliminates all other options, so we are scoped to the modules that are on the report, firmware, or hardware.

It is still possible for it to be firmware/hardware, but I think it's best to run Driver Verifier (see the BSOD link in my signature) and see what it pushes out.

Sep 28, 2019
The nature of the dump files is often to try and hone into the problem itself, the difficulty being with consumer drivers you never necessarily see if there is just an unstable new driver. They're still useful as they're specifically stating what modules are loaded when the crash happens. And eliminates all other options, so we are scoped to the modules that are on the report, firmware, or hardware.

It is still possible for it to be firmware/hardware, but I think it's best to run Driver Verifier (see the BSOD link in my signature) and see what it pushes out.

I've ran Driver Verifier before but where do I see the results? Will they be put in dump files or how does it work? I've ran it while I got a BSOD but I don't know where it saved. I turned Driver Verifier off after the BSOD.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I've ran Driver Verifier before but where do I see the results? Will they be put in dump files or how does it work? I've ran it while I got a BSOD but I don't know where it saved. I turned Driver Verifier off after the BSOD.
You leave Driver Verifier on in the background and effectively wait for it to force a stop error (BSOD). Then hopefully, if it's done it's job, it should identify the driver it pushed to failure, the stop error would usually be indicated as Driver Verifier based one.

Also I know it's a bad question, but you do have a legitimate/legally activated Windows 10 installed with the media creation tool with all other drives disconnected at the time of installation right?

Sep 28, 2019
Driver Verifier is currently running.

Hmm, define ''all other drives disconnected''. Which drives do you mean? Like a secondary storage drive?

Btw I'd just like to mention one thing I've been noticing; my internet has been quite slow and when I boot into windows my internet will be ''identifying'' for about 10 seconds before it finds a connection. Now this could obviously be ISP related and could have nothing to do with it but I thought I'd just mention it just in case.

Also I noticed this when I was trying to start Driver Verifier View: https://imgur.com/a/cUSn4qu

Are those really all the non-Windows drivers my computer has? Is that even normal?

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Driver Verifier is currently running.

Hmm, define ''all other drivers disconnected''. Which drives do you mean? Like a secondary storage drive?

Btw I'd just like to mention one thing I've been noticing; my internet has been quite slow and when I boot into windows my internet will be ''identifying'' for about 10 seconds before it finds a connection. Now this could obviously be ISP related and could have nothing to do with it but I thought I'd just mention it just in case.

Also I noticed this when I was trying to start Driver Verifier View: https://imgur.com/a/cUSn4qu

Are those really all the non-Windows drivers my computer has? Is that even normal?
Yes they're what loaded in the reports too.

GPIO is your AMD GPIO drivers.
PCIEDev is usually the Ryzen OC Utility (which you may want to disable and retest as this can cause issues, you can use autoruns for this which is linked in my report)
PSP is the chipset.

I am wondering why Realtek LAN drivers aren't appearing still. May be worth seeing if they appear in autoruns or Driver View.

Sep 28, 2019
Yes they're what loaded in the reports too.

GPIO is your AMD GPIO drivers.
PCIEDev is usually the Ryzen OC Utility (which you may want to disable and retest as this can cause issues, you can use autoruns for this which is linked in my report)
PSP is the chipset.

I am wondering why Realtek LAN drivers aren't appearing still. May be worth seeing if they appear in autoruns or Driver View.

I accidentally installed the Ryzen OC but also uninstalled it earlier. I'm not sure why its still on the list?
And alright. But those drivers all came from the AMD Chipset installation. Is it normal that it doesn't show the audio / lan or nvidia driver?

And yeah me too. I ran autoruns View: https://i.imgur.com/pB9QoF3.png

I still don't see a LAN driver unless I don't know what its called. Why are there intel drivers in this list? Edit: Nevermind, I have an intel SSD, forgot about that.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Realtek LAN drivers - its possible you are using windows 10 drivers instead that are from Realtek but relabelled as Microsoft drivers that are part of the operating system. MIcrosoft have a big catalog of them now.

Easiest way to know for sure is by looking in device manager under Network adapters
it should show an ethernet connection here, right click its name, and choose properties
click on driver tab. I have an Intel Ethernet connection but driver is showing as MIcrosoft.

You can download and run driver view - all it does is lists all the drivers currently running on your PC
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
if you run it, go into view options and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers - this radically reduces the listing
can you take a screenshot that shows all the columns from (and including) driver name and goes as far as the 2 date columns so we can see how old drivers are
upload to imgur like above

that might show PC tailor more info... or not

Sep 28, 2019
Here's a screenshot of everything you asked for;
View: https://i.imgur.com/4PdWdn2.png

I'd like to mention that last night, when I was watching YouTube videos and Twitch, everything went fine. But as soon as I closed the browser my PC just suddenly got black and rebooted itself. No BSOD, just rebooted with a black screen. Then this morning when I turned my PC on again, my monitor didn't want to turn on when I turned on my PC (so the light of my monitor stayed Orange/Yellow), I pressed the reset button on the PC and after that it worked. Could this have something to do with this whole problem?

Also, I've had a BSOD today but Driver Verifier didn't show me anything. Here's the dump file; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X91nR-ByBk55HCXdgV_IL2VISR03Tvn7/view

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019
I'm completely out of it. My computer got into a bootloop, it couldn't boot into Windows anymore.

I just now decided to buy a new motherboard and CPU because when I took off the cooler and CPU, I noticed some bent pins on the CPU, I'm not sure what caused this but I didn't see them when I placed my CPU in the socket and I'm 100% positive that I did this correctly. I don't know if this could be the cause of all those crashes because those crashes still seem to be driver related?? Like, could it be because of the bent pins?

Eitherway, I ordered a MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max with a new Ryzen 5 3600 CPU.

TRENDING THREADS