Jun 16, 2020
Hi, my names Evan.

My computer randomly started bugging out the other day and I have tried everything to my knowledge to fix it but it seems virtually impossible. I have a Radeon RX 5700 XT that I bought brand new about a year ago, it has never given me problems until about 3 days ago I turned my computer on and I suddenly can’t do anything, my mouse lags constantly, everything lags, I can’t watch a video or listen to music or even simply browse the web because of constant stutters. Thinking it was a windows problem, I reset my entire computer and reinstalled windows. I was greeted with no lag for about 30 seconds until it came back. I have no idea how to fix this, and I know it’s driver issues and heres why...

I literally can’t reinstall radeon software, I have tried several different versions and none of them install, they come up with constant errors and crashes that lead to the blue screen of death. I go into device manager, I try to uninstall the driver, I try to rollback the driver, all of them lead to my entire PC freezing. I have also deleted the entire AMD folder that holds radeons softwares, and when I tried to redownload, everytime it says “uninstalling” and gets stuck and leads to an error... IDEK WHAT THERE IS TO UNINSTALL... i’m about to just throw my graphics card away, someone please help.

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explorer
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
0x80004005
this is an unspecified error... that is how...

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried using DDU to remove the drivers in safe mode and reinstall new ones?

Jun 16, 2020
have you tried using DDU to remove the drivers in safe mode and reinstall new ones?

UPDATE: I downloaded and installed DDU along with updating my BIOS to the latest version, both went successfully, I then entered safe mode and ran DDU, and it sucessfully uninstalled, but when it went to restart, it got stuck on the restart screen then led to the blue screen of death with the error code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. After getting my PC back booted up, it seemed to have worked as my resolution is now completely different. I then began installing Adrenalin again and came back to square one with it getting half way through and failing... Error code 0x80004005.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explorer
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
0x80004005
this is an unspecified error... that is how its described on internet, not exactly helpful. Most seem to tie into windows update, some are driver updates not being applied which is where you are at.

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans the image files SFC uses to clean system files, so re run SFC if it failed to fix all files the first time, and restart PC

Which version of win 10 are you on?
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter
current is 20H2

What are specs of the pc?

Solution