[SOLVED] Driver noise issue

Apr 10, 2020
Hello.I have a weird issue with my gpu (rtx 2070 super) and my geforce experience gameready driver.After I installed the driver,when I play gta 5 it starts making some weird buzzing noise idk how to describe it exactly and if I quit or minimize the game it stops.Idk if it is from my HDD because it doesn’t show any sign of failing and everything is working perfectly fine without the driver so I guess it’s from my gpu.If there is any solution or explanation to this ,please let me know because I want to keep geforce experience

Solution
To start, there is no need to guess the source of the sound. Open the case and carefully use a cardboard tube or rolled up sheet of paper to "listen" around inside the computer to locate the source of the sound.

May not even be necessary per se depending on the source of the sound.

Could simply be dirt on a fan blade causing and imbalance and subsequent contact with the fan case at some certain RPM(s). Or perhaps resonance.

Something loose and vibrating perhaps.

Locate the source of the sound and then the problem can be specifically addressed thereafter.

Also, update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Ralston18

Titan
To start, there is no need to guess the source of the sound. Open the case and carefully use a cardboard tube or rolled up sheet of paper to "listen" around inside the computer to locate the source of the sound.

Could simply be dirt on a fan blade causing and imbalance and subsequent contact with the fan case at some certain RPM(s). Or perhaps resonance.

Locate the source of the sound and then the problem can be specifically addressed thereafter.

Reactions: sssoressscu
Solution
Apr 10, 2020

So if it is still in waranty, can I go to some service and get it fixed for me as I cannot open the case in the warranty period

Ralston18

Titan
Basis?

"So if it is still in waranty, can I go to some service and get it fixed for me as I cannot open the case in the warranty period."

If the service opens the case that could still be consider a warranty violation.

What computer do you have and where did you purchase it?

Certainly do not want you to violate terms of warranty but that restriction on opening the case is not at all reasonable nor viable.

Apr 10, 2020
Basis?

"So if it is still in waranty, can I go to some service and get it fixed for me as I cannot open the case in the warranty period."

If the service opens the case that could still be consider a warranty violation.

Certainly do not want you to violate terms of warranty but that restriction on opening the case is not at all reasonable nor viable.
I bought it from a store in my country I don’t think it is anywhere else
Basis?

I bought it from a store that is only in my country (Romania) and I don’t think it’s anywhere else.I will leave an image with my pc specs after I figure out how ,but before I try to open the case or go to the store I bought I want to know about the geforce experience driver,because again,when I uninstall the app everything goes back to normal,no strange sound and no difference in my gaming performance.Thank you for your help and replying.

Apr 10, 2020
I bought it from a store in my country I don’t think it is anywhere else

I bought it from a store that is only in my country (Romania) and I don’t think it’s anywhere else.I will leave an image with my pc specs after I figure out how ,but before I try to open the case or go to the store I bought I want to know about the geforce experience driver,because again,when I uninstall the app everything goes back to normal,no strange sound and no difference in my gaming performance.Thank you for your help and replying so far

View: https://imgur.com/NqtYFDI
This is the link to my pc specs,sorry for the bad quality I hope it works.

Aug 8, 2019
Hello.I have a weird issue with my gpu (rtx 2070 super) and my geforce experience gameready driver.After I installed the driver,when I play gta 5 it starts making some weird buzzing noise idk how to describe it exactly and if I quit or minimize the game it stops.Idk if it is from my HDD because it doesn’t show any sign of failing and everything is working perfectly fine without the driver so I guess it’s from my gpu.If there is any solution or explanation to this ,please let me know because I want to keep geforce experience

Sometimes it is coil whine that i have on my RTX 2070 super when the fans spin and its normal.

Reactions: sssoressscu
I have a 2060 Super and I never install the 'Geforce Experience' software when I update the drivers for it. I would think you can just uninstall the Geforce Experience software and keep the latest drivers for your card. I don't install the Geforce Experience because I typically like to control my game settings and I like to control when I update my drivers. As far as I know, there's not much else the Geforce Experience gives you.

If you do uninstall the Geforce Experience and you still have the issue, you could always revert back to the previous nVidia driver.

Last edited: