[SOLVED] Driver power state failure help?

Mar 26, 2021
Hello

The past couple of days my computer has experienced heavy lag/jittering after about 10 minutes of use. When I go to restart the system it takes a while and goes to the BSOD with the stop code Driver_Power_State_Failure. Usually after it reaches 100% on the info gathering it stays there until I force shut down. I looked online to try and figure out what the issue is yet none of the suggested fixes have worked. I tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling the current versions, I have fully reset the pc, I have even re-seated the GPU to see if that would fix the issue. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it, the PC is only about 2 years old and I don't exactly have any money to buy a new one. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help and apologies if this is in the wrong category.

The PC's specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
GPU: EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 Super
PSU: EVGA G3 650 W 80+
16 GB DDR4 RAM
1 TB HDD
Windows 10 OS

Again thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Solution
Installed cpu drivers and there is nothing else in expansion slots issue still occurs after reset
You may check too see if your motherboard manufacturer has a new bios that may resolve that otherwise it could very well be one of windows bugs if you go to device manager and go through every thing on the list look for power management and turn off allow system to turn off to save power and under system there should be an option to put your system from balance energy mode to higher performance mode that may help as well

VillaDan

Commendable
Jul 10, 2019
Hello

The past couple of days my computer has experienced heavy lag/jittering after about 10 minutes of use. When I go to restart the system it takes a while and goes to the BSOD with the stop code Driver_Power_State_Failure. Usually after it reaches 100% on the info gathering it stays there until I force shut down. I looked online to try and figure out what the issue is yet none of the suggested fixes have worked. I tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling the current versions, I have fully reset the pc, I have even re-seated the GPU to see if that would fix the issue. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it, the PC is only about 2 years old and I don't exactly have any money to buy a new one. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help and apologies if this is in the wrong category.

The PC's specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
GPU: EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 Super
PSU: EVGA G3 650 W 80+
16 GB DDR4 RAM
1 TB HDD
Windows 10 OS

Again thank you in advance for any help.
Try going to amd and update chipset and make sure drivers are up to date you is there anything else in any other expansion slot if so you may need to do a clean install of those drivers

VillaDan

Commendable
Jul 10, 2019
Installed cpu drivers and there is nothing else in expansion slots issue still occurs after reset
You may check too see if your motherboard manufacturer has a new bios that may resolve that otherwise it could very well be one of windows bugs if you go to device manager and go through every thing on the list look for power management and turn off allow system to turn off to save power and under system there should be an option to put your system from balance energy mode to higher performance mode that may help as well

Solution