Driver Power State Failure

BabyFaceLance

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
Hey there! Haven't really used a forum before so sorry if this is in the wrong place! I've been having issues recently while playing resource heavy games, after a few minutes or so the screen cuts to black with the pc still on. Thought it was a GPU issue. Swapped it out for a new card and same exact issue. I did notice before the GPU was running a little warm, but the new one is not. I have 0 issues running web browsers etc. I can idle in the game menus forever with no issue. When I start playing the game it crashes and I have to reset from the power button. After the crash I used "WhoCrashed" to catch the issue. It's as follows.

"On Fri 6/17/2016 1:39:26 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\061716-24812-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1427A0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE00027273050, 0xFFFFF801AE9D2990, 0xFFFFE00028043C10)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics drivers twice but that hasn't fixed the issue. If anyone has any ideas please let me know! Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS