[SOLVED] Driver power state failure

Nov 22, 2022
I am starting to have a driver power state failure. After the PC resets. My GTX 1650 is no longer "connected" as well as another copy of Intel UHD 630 (these 2 graphics devices are only visible when checking the "show hidden devices"). Only one intel UHD 630 is working (see attached image). I already tried reinstalling OS as well as windows updating and updates straight from the website of manufacturer. The 2 invisible graphics devices has the same error on properties: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer. I am using a Lenovo L340-15IRH Gaming laptop and its dedicated and integrated graphics card are on board so there is no way I can connect and disconnect it to may laptop. I don't know what it caused. If you know a solution to this error, it is greatly appreciated.

Minidump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuiAPwUm-XTFhBXqMNgLN7QsPJ02?e=eerlO3

Solution
conversion of dumps

report - click run as fiddle to read (mostly for me)

File: 112322-18703-01.dmp (Nov 23 2022 - 11:27:29)
BugCheck: [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Netwtw08.sys
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 16 Sec(s)

File: 112322-10640-01.dmp (Nov 23 2022 - 10:32:41)
BugCheck: [DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9F)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 11 Min(s), and 19 Sec(s)

while its true one blames Nvidia drivers, the other blames Intel Network drivers
May 15...

Colif

Win 11 Master
conversion of dumps

report - click run as fiddle to read (mostly for me)

File: 112322-18703-01.dmp (Nov 23 2022 - 11:27:29)
BugCheck: [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Netwtw08.sys
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 16 Sec(s)

File: 112322-10640-01.dmp (Nov 23 2022 - 10:32:41)
BugCheck: [DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9F)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 11 Min(s), and 19 Sec(s)

while its true one blames Nvidia drivers, the other blames Intel Network drivers
May 15 2021Netwtw08.sysIntel(R) Wireless Networking driver
have you run this to check you have newest intel drivers = https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Sep 12 2020igdkmd64.sysIntel HD graphics driver

Nov 20 2020nvlddmkm.sysNvidia Graphics Card driver http://www.nvidia.com/
the nvidia drivers look like the ones you get from Microsoft, not much newer

My GTX 1650 is no longer "connected" as well as another copy of Intel UHD 630 (these 2 graphics devices are only visible when checking the "show hidden devices"). Only one intel UHD 630 is working (see attached image).
you forgot the image? Upload to an image sharing website and show here... if you want.

having 2 Intel UHD is unlikely so you could run DDU in safe mode, uninstall the intel drivers, boot into normal and install latest Intel drivers (Maybe run the intel updater after)
DO the same for Nvidia after, try newest from Nvidia

Last edited:
Reactions: Feitu
Solution
Nov 22, 2022
having 2 Intel UHD is unlikely so you could run DDU in safe mode, uninstall the intel drivers, boot into normal and install latest Intel drivers (Maybe run the intel updater after)
DO the same for Nvidia after, try newest from Nvidia

Tried installing the intel drivers. It installed without problems. But the Nvidia has error on installing:

Nvidia installer cannot continue.
This Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows.
This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.

I tries installing the latest Nvidia driver from Nvidia itself and the Nvidia driver (which is much older) from manufacturer, Lenovo. Still the same error appeared.

The device manager cannot detect my GTX 1650. This is happening to me also yesterday. It only detects the GTX 1650 when the laptop is turned of for some couple of hours. When the GTX 1650 is detected. I am sure that it is still responsive because its utilization is moving. But after sometime, my laptop will suddenly freeze and crash "Driver Power State Failure". I read somewhere that it has something to do with VRAM. And I upgraded my RAM from 8 gb to 16 gb last September. My laptop only has 1 ram slot. Do you think it has to do with RAM?

Nov 22, 2022
Solved it by deleting the back up drivers (the drivers found on the drive, drivers folder. I think system uses it on automatic installation on boot up). After I deleted it, I uninstalled drivers using DDU (both Nvidia and Intel). Now I think there is no back up drivers to install for the display adapters and so the devices found are labeled microsoft display adapter as expected. Then manually installed the drivers from the manufacturer, Lenovo. I am still monitoring my system now if it will still install a another intel UHD 630. I noticed that when it installs the other intel UHD 630, it disables both the GTX 1650 and the current intel UHD 630 installed.

Colif

Win 11 Master
windows actually keeps copies of every installed Nvidia driver, in the driver repository, so that makes sense.

it shouldn't load a 2nd one since it doesn't exist. I have seen 2 show up if you use an external display on a laptop.