Driver Power State Problem + More

Mazzimo

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
So ever since I updated to Windows 8.1, and uninstalled to what I believe all the video card driver files, and installed the latest version. Ever since then my PC has been hanging and freezing up at random points, but lately I have started to see some new things, for example, I got a bluescreen for that showed the error "Driver_Power_State_Failure", and another time when my PC froze it suddenly recovered and I saw a notification from AMD CCC saying that the card had recovered. Another interesting thing is when the PC actually starts to hang and freeze, the start button continues to work aswell the the mouse, and I also noticed when I bring up the start menu, my mouse seems to be able to click things for just a couple seconds, then freezes up again. Hope you guys can help me out.

By the way, what I am using is a Toshiba Satellite S50D laptop.

Solution
Ahh ok. Is the laptop still under warranty? The video device in the laptop may still be failing. It's generally less likely, but I've still seen it happen plenty of times.

before you go that route though, also make sure that you have tried both the 13.9 drivers, as well as the 13.11 beta driver from AMD.
Ahh ok. Is the laptop still under warranty? The video device in the laptop may still be failing. It's generally less likely, but I've still seen it happen plenty of times.

before you go that route though, also make sure that you have tried both the 13.9 drivers, as well as the 13.11 beta driver from AMD.

Solution

Mazzimo

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013

I don't think it is. I honestly don't think the actual hardware is failing. I have "13.152.1.1-130910a-163007C" installed, could you link me to the latest?

Update: Okay, so since I have a Toshiba laptop I have to get my drivers from them, I just installed the latest driver update, will see if these problems still happen.