Driver Probem for Radeon HD 8670M

Jun 16, 2018
I have spent two hours looking for answers and have downloaded almost 3gb of worthless updates.

I have two integrated graphics cards: Radeon HD 8330, and Radeon HD 8670M.
Windows 8.1 (Bought the laptop while it was in Windows 8 in 2013)
4gb Ram
AMD A4 Quad core

I was wondering why I had low FPS in games, when I realised they were running on the 8330. I disabled it, ran all the auto updaters, and tried playing. It would not even render anything, and the games would freeze when trying to render.

I have tried manually installing the updates. I am running out of options now. What can I do to make it work?

Sorry if I missed out any information, it's 20 past midnight and I am falling unconscious. Please ask if you need more information I will edit this post.

P.S. Don't mind my name... it's also from 2013. Haha!

Your laptop only has one integrated GPU.

The other GPU (HD 8670M) is in fact a discrete card provided for greater performance such as when playing games, but in order for this to happen automatically you need to configure each installed game to use the 8670 - - this you do with the Catalyst Control Centre utility that's pre-installed.

As for drivers, the only ones you should be using (or downloading) are those provided on your laptop maker's website for that particular laptop model.