Driver Problems Perhaps?

jixz

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
About two weeks ago i stepped up to vista, when i reinstalled and loaded up Flight Simulator X, Happy to get my games back, to find a weird glitch.. but i was too happy to research it cuz i had been deprived of my games due to vista installation issues, and I'm finally ready to research the problem. It looks something like this:
glitchop2.gif

(plz ignore the crappy rendering of the gif)

It's creating a storm of glitches, and i cannot seem to find out what is causing this or how to fix it. Ive tried two vista drivers for my evga 7950 GT, but no result. I even went onto xp, and the problem arose there too, even though it xp and the Flight Simulator was on a completely different HDD. ( but knowing me i may have installed the drivers on both hard drives )

If anyone has had this problem, or may know a potential fix help would be greatly appreciated.

rwillis

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
What are your specs, and the wattage and total amperage of the 12V rails on your power supply? Artifacts like you've shown are typically associated
with you PSU not delivering the juice the card requires (which would be a lot on your card) and/or overheating of the GPU/video RAM. That is what I would suspect, especially if the problem persists after double checking that you've performed a clean reinstall of your latest drivers.

By the way, great game, if you can even call it that :)

jixz

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
meh...nothing but my hdd 's , and cd drive. but now that i think about it... it did start when i put my 2nd hdd in there... so its probobly a power problem... ill try to take out the vista HDD and see if it dose the same on XP

rwillis

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
There should be a way to monitor temperature levels through the nvidia control panel. If not, then try NvTemp (just google it), but if your PSU has less than 350W and a total of less than ~20amps on your combined 12V rails
then I would guess you've got yourself a power issue.

TRENDING THREADS