driver problems

I'm having a problem with the latest drivers I downloaded and installed from
Nvidia; I have a geforce mx 2 100/200. The screen blackens often and
freezes, and often it reboots. After the latest reboot, a error message from
xp has been shown, telling that there was a shutdown due to the driver. How
to fix this?

revert to old driver?

"D" <anon@spoof.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> revert to old driver?

How?

I pressume you did not made a restore point in xp.
Disconnect your lan connection,or pull out the internet cable from your
comp.
Goto controlpanel\software and uninstall the nvidia driver.
After reboot goto command prompt and type regedit (don't allow the system
to install the new hardware found!)
Press ctrl-F and search for keyword nvidia.Delete all entries found.
If you can , use norton windoctor to eliminate the remaining errors in
registry.
Now doubleclick on controlpanel\system and goto hardware tab.
Goto device manager and select graphics adapter,choose to reinstall and then
always choose the bottom option.
This is to prevent windows from reinstalling the unwanted drivers.Direct the
wizard to the location you have the desired drivers.
When finished make the desired settings in nvidia control tab.Use
reforce.exe to fix the refreshrate in games.
Because else you will have 60hz in your games,despite you set desktop to
85hz for example.
If still 60hz in games you need to select the right monitor from
reforce,after uninstalling drivers windows reinstalls your monitor leaving
multiple references in registry.I always delete my monitor from registry by
searching for the keyword philips (which is my monitor brand)this way i only
have 1 refence in registry after reboot to avoid nvidia mixups.
I suggest you stick with 4x.xx drivers,i find 41.09 are fastest and 44.67
are close too with more compatibilitie to new games.

"Dwe" <no@spam.no> schreef in bericht

"Flow" <flowing@zonnet.nl> ha scritto nel messaggio
> I pressume you did not made a restore point in xp.

Nope. But there's a restore point done in automatic, I see.

<snip>
> Direct the wizard to the location you have the desired drivers.

Do you mean the default drivers carried by xp before I upgraded 'em with the
ones giving problems?

> When finished make the desired settings in nvidia control tab.Use
> reforce.exe to fix the refreshrate in games.
> Because else you will have 60hz in your games,despite you set desktop to
> 85hz for example.

I don't know whether my monitor can support other than 60 hz.

<snip>
> I suggest you stick with 4x.xx drivers,i find 41.09 are fastest and 44.67
> are close too with more compatibilitie to new games.

Where can I fin these?

P. s.; last time I run dxdiag, and it said that dxdiag says that d3d8.dll
(5.01.2006.1106) is obsolete and can give probs (btw, I'm experimenting
continous freezing, maybe due also to the nvidia drivers...). It says to
install again the "latest directx", but... I've already installed the 90b
version of directx! Could this concur to the problems? Is there any way to
get the latest d3d8 anywhere, or to stick back to older directx (in the case
geforce mx 100/200 won't bear the 90b)?

I dunno about your questions but this site has it all
http://www.guru3d.com/ software to remove drivers and to fix probs and all
the driver versions ever made.
If your monitor is not over 5 years old pressumably it supports 75hz or 85hz
etc.
The drivers you download needs to be unpacked with winzip or winrar to a
location of your choice.
You direct the wizard to this location when installing new drivers.
You can not uninstall directx and neither is it possible to downgrade to
older version.
There is some software that will do this for you but it's not without risk.
Probably this dx file is an old leftover and can be deleted from your
system.
Just reinstall directx after and it should be fine.
This dx file d3d8.dll is 5.03.0000.0900 on my system.Why it's not updated by
your dx install is a mystery to me.