driver question and sba

Hello,
I got a great deal on a asus fx5900 non ultra and i have a weird problem.
My other card was a albatron gf4ti4200 turbo and in the nvidia driver i was
able to turn on and off
sba in the nvidia driver after the coolbits tweak. with my new card sba is
greyed out and it says in my
system this is not configurable. it is checked to be on and i confirmed this
with power strip. any ideas?

i also originally had nvidia drivers and decided to try the asus driver set.
i had errors about my current driver
was newer than what i was trying to install but i told it to install anyway.
other errors forced me to yank the
asus drivers and software then install the latest 5672 set. right now i
sometimes will right click on a video file and i will get a error about the
nvidia cpl not loading due to fault. any ideas?

Thanks to all
Joe

Are u talking about side band address. What version did the ti4200 use 42.x
x etc find the version number you had with it and use those on the new card
and try if its still not available possible bios disabled it or the video
bios on the 5900 has it disabled if 5900's have them at all.
"Joseph Lee Jennings" <no_spam_4_Me_jjenni@ptd.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I got a great deal on a asus fx5900 non ultra and i have a weird problem.
> My other card was a albatron gf4ti4200 turbo and in the nvidia driver i
was
> able to turn on and off
> sba in the nvidia driver after the coolbits tweak. with my new card sba is
> greyed out and it says in my
> system this is not configurable. it is checked to be on and i confirmed
this
> with power strip. any ideas?
>
> i also originally had nvidia drivers and decided to try the asus driver
set.
> i had errors about my current driver
> was newer than what i was trying to install but i told it to install
anyway.
> other errors forced me to yank the
> asus drivers and software then install the latest 5672 set. right now i
> sometimes will right click on a video file and i will get a error about
the
> nvidia cpl not loading due to fault. any ideas?
>
> Thanks to all
> Joe

"Joseph Lee Jennings" <no_spam_4_Me_jjenni@ptd.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I got a great deal on a asus fx5900 non ultra and i have a weird problem.
> My other card was a albatron gf4ti4200 turbo and in the nvidia driver i
was
> able to turn on and off
> sba in the nvidia driver after the coolbits tweak. with my new card sba is
> greyed out and it says in my
> system this is not configurable. it is checked to be on and i confirmed
this
> with power strip. any ideas?

Any reason to turn it off ????