Question Driver question related to 2 very similar motherboards.

Mar 23, 2019
Hello, first post here because I cannot find this question answered anywhere else and I'm a bit confused about something.

I'm currently just doing a little "Spring cleaning" of my PC (updating drivers, getting rid of stuff, checking for viruses and etc) and I came across something that confuses me.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 (rev1.1) - This will be referenced in a moment

So I went to my motherboard manufacturers website to see if there's any drivers off there that are more updated and for a moment, I thought there was a few that were newer than mine.
However, while downloading them, I noticed I typed the wrong motherboard which was called "F2A68HM-DS2" which has an incredibly similar name.
I did some research on this board to find the differences between mine (ending with HD2) and the one I found (ending with DS2) and the only differences I could find were the
DS2 is missing the HDMI ports and a speaker header.

Other than that, completely identical on every level - even the BIOS (the DS2 does have newer BIOS versions, however). The DS2 seems to get all the updated drivers on their website, but mine doesn't.
So my real question is this: Can I get some of the drivers on there for my own mobo? (such as audio drivers, which are for the same ALC887 Realtek codec that my mobo has)

Links to both motherboards incase y'all can find something I missed.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-F2A68HM-DS2-rev-11

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope this post was easy enough to read. I've never made a post to a PC forum before :)

Lutfij

Titan
Stick to the make and model of your board and then move forward with your drivers/BIOS/apps that are meant for that board. The only reason you should be sourcing drivers from another board's support site is the fact that the one you initially(your current board) were guided to has faulty drivers or that you know how to identify the fault in a driver, if things went belly up.

RealBeast

Titan
They could work, but don't even think about flashing a wrong bios.

If you are not having issues do not use them, no upside and plenty of downside unless you have extra machines and the knowledge to fix the problems that you might create.

TL;dr: Nope, don't use them.

Mar 23, 2019
They could work, but don't even think about flashing a wrong bios.

If you are not having issues do not use them, no upside and plenty of downside unless you have extra machines and the knowledge to fix the problems that you might create.

TL;dr: Nope, don't use them.
Thanks for the info fellas - Better safe than sorry
And don't worry, I wasn't going to reflash the bios lmao

Reactions: RealBeast