[SOLVED] Driver question

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
So I am going to build a new pc and when I install the drivers can I use a external cd reader to install them as I may not have access to another computer to download the drivers. And besides the motherboard and GPU drivers are there any other drivers I need to install?

Solution
For the most part just build the pc and use the default Windows 10 drivers to get the system all up and running.

Then for each installed device, go one by one, to manually download the necessary drivers via the manufacturer's website. Install and configure as required.

Allow some time between driver installations so you can be sure that any given driver installation is working without problems.

If you do multiple drivers installs close together, you may not be able to tell which driver caused a problem if a problem occurs.

Overall concept being that you establish that the build/hardware is all working with just basic Windows and drivers.

Otherwise you may find yourself floundering with questions: is a problem a physical...

Ralston18

Titan
For the most part just build the pc and use the default Windows 10 drivers to get the system all up and running.

Then for each installed device, go one by one, to manually download the necessary drivers via the manufacturer's website. Install and configure as required.

Allow some time between driver installations so you can be sure that any given driver installation is working without problems.

If you do multiple drivers installs close together, you may not be able to tell which driver caused a problem if a problem occurs.

Overall concept being that you establish that the build/hardware is all working with just basic Windows and drivers.

Otherwise you may find yourself floundering with questions: is a problem a physical build mistake, a faulty component, a driver, or configuration...

And do read all of the User Guides/Manuals including fine print and footnotes. Do so before any assembly is started.

Write you own build plan - step by step.

Reactions: boju
Solution