[SOLVED] Driver State Power Failure when shutting down PC

MechanicalMecha

Reputable
Sep 20, 2019
Like the title says, I keep getting a DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE BSOD when I shut my PC down. It looks like it shuts down successfully but the fans and lights stay on for minutes before getting the BSOD. Should note that before this, I had a problem where the PC would get stuck booting, didn't get the blinking underscore when starting up. Fixed it by reseating the HDD cables, could this be related? Anyway, I've already updated the BIOS, drivers, did sfc and DISM, tweaked power plans so that nothing sleeps, and disabled fast startup. Anything else I can do?

Solution
Like the title says, I keep getting a DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE BSOD when I shut my PC down. It looks like it shuts down successfully but the fans and lights stay on for minutes before getting the BSOD. Should note that before this, I had a problem where the PC would get stuck booting, didn't get the blinking underscore when starting up. Fixed it by reseating the HDD cables, could this be related? Anyway, I've already updated the BIOS, drivers, did sfc and DISM, tweaked power plans so that nothing sleeps, and disabled fast startup. Anything else I can do?
Some reading.
Some reading.

Solution