[SOLVED] Driver update software VS. manually update?

Pee wee

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
Hi friends,

How are things? I hope you are all well...

Pls, I would like to know if it is recommendable to use a driver update software (e.g. "Driver easy", "Snappy driver installer" etc.). As you well know, these applications have been designed so that we can update all the drivers without complications. Nevertheless, what do you think about this software? It is better to manually update drivers in Windows 10 :unsure:

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Solution
Hi friends,

Pls, I would like to know if it is recommendable to use a driver update software (e.g. "Driver easy", "Snappy driver installer" etc.). As you well know, these applications have been designed so that we can update all the drivers without complications. Nevertheless, what do you think about this software? It is better to manually update drivers in Windows 10 :unsure:

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

NO.

Don't use 3rd party driver updating software. They can and will install the wrong drivers. It has happened to me twice so its not like I am making this up.

Better to use motherboard website or if its an old PC, use a program like run Driverview -...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hi friends,

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

NO.

Don't use 3rd party driver updating software. They can and will install the wrong drivers. It has happened to me twice so its not like I am making this up.

Better to use motherboard website or if its an old PC, use a program like run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html - to identify the drivers currently installed and find new ones yourself rather than trust Driver Easy or Driver Booster or any of the others.

Driver view just uses windows commands to find driver listings, it doesn't install anything for you.

Some motherboard makers have their own software that will update PC. Most laptop makers have websites that auto update their devices for you.

Manual might be harder but its safer. If you not sure of a driver, you can always ask on here.

Solution