Driver updater software

pranaman

Honorable
May 25, 2015
Avast offered me their Avast Driver Update. It found 15 that needed updating.

It's like $3/month. Isn't there a legit free software that also does this?

USAFRet

Titan

No, and you don't need it.

Just check once in a while, and download direct from the manufacturers.

that's a software/service that's a relic of the windows 95/98/ME/XP days. Windows does all the driver updating you need (mostly) on it's own, and has for over a decade. it's just one more scam to get a few bucks from you.

Jul 31, 2018

I will give my vote for SnailDriver, at https://snailsuite.com, which is free and with a good performance.
The meanning of a driver updaters existence is to help people especially the beginners with the delimma where it is quite hard and time-consuming to locate proper components for the drivers. IMHO, people saying that all the driver-updating software are crap and junk actually have shown a lack of experience at using such a tool, or at least using it in a wise manner. I'll give my tips on how to use it wisely:
- Use it securely: make sure you have the latest backups for the whole system before running the app.
- Use it manually: remember a updater is nothing more than an assistive tool, do not bank on it performing like a smart human, work together with it!
- Choose a good one: do some searching and read reviews from different places before decide a updater.
Just personal opinion and hope it helps! :)

TRENDING THREADS