Question Driver updates causing issues?

Aug 24, 2019
Hello All,

iv'e recently built my very own PC for the first time, but have since ran into some errors. my problem is that, today, i realized i wasn't getting any audio out of my jacks on the front panel of my case (i hadn't tried using them previously). after some searching online, i believed it to be a driver issue. subsequently i downloaded the newest mobo audio driver, (and all other newest drivers available for my mother board). since updating all the mobo drivers, my pc has taken to randomly dropping connection to my monitor (hdmi connection) as well as losing power in my case lights and my front usb ports. this is happening randomly, and i have no idea how to resolve this issue. currently my only fix is doing a hard reset on my computer. my GPU driver is up to date, and i have tried switching hdmi cords. Any Help is greatly appreciated.

my current setup is as follows

ryzen 7, 2700 CPU
asus prime x470-pro MOBO
geforce rtx 2060 gaming z GPU
corsair vengeance 3000 16 (2x8) gb RAM
evga supernova g3 550W 80+ gold PSU
lian-li 011 dynamic gamic case (razer edition)
VG245H gaming monitor.

Lutfij

Titan
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Since this is a new build, have you made sure the front panel audio connector for the case is connected? One more thing to note, does the rear audio ports work for you?

Loosing my patience isn't exactly a good tag to be adding atop of your thread. Do not misuse the tagging feature on the forums. It's frowned upon and stern measures can be taken if continued.
Lutfij

Aug 24, 2019
Thank you for letting me know about the tag, i didn't know it was supposed to be used in a certain way only. Can i remove that tag in the editing option of the post? I am indeed running the latest BIOS for my motherboard, i'm using windows version 1809, and have no OS updates available. I've double checked and the audio connections on the MOBO and they are seated securely. The rear audio port is also working.