Driver Updating Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

landi5842

Prominent
Aug 9, 2018
Hello all!

I own an Acer E5 553G with an A12 7th gen APU. I recently went to the AMD page, selected all the hardwaare I had and updated some drivers ( actually more like tried to update drivers ). The First update ( driver version 12.19.2018 ran pretty much flawlessly, i express installed ( dont judge me ) and then closed it. For the second one however, released in November perhaps ( a more minor one ), halfway through the install, my screen goes all black. I leave it for 5 minutes seeing as this can sometimes happen when downloading things. After maybe 10 minutes I move and click on my mouse once but nothinh happpened. I then close the laptop lid ( idk if that was a good move ). After 5 minutes I opened the lid and pressed the power button. The start up seemed very slow and "laggy" when i got onto my desktop and moved my mouse around, the cursor felt extremely laggy, as if it was running on 5 fps. Then, 3 explorer browser tabs opened, thanking me for donloading radeon adrenalin. I closed them which also took a while and then tried to launch a game ( i am a very "casual " gamer, nothing special ), but when I tried to launch the actual game, not the game launcher, it tells me it needs DX11 level 10 to launch it. This had never happened to me before, can anyone help?

Massive thanks in advance, thanks for reading my essay of dispair!

Status
Not open for further replies.