[SOLVED] Driver Verifier Bricked Boot, No Display Input

Feb 20, 2022
I'd been experiencing frequent BSODs and crashes that prompted me to believe there may be some driver problems and found the Windows Driver Verifier. Ignorantly I didn't properly read up on the potential problems this application could cause, and ignored the warning signs that were explicit both on the website and application about using this on test PCs. It wasn't until after running the Driver Verifier that I realized that this isn't needed for most consumer uses. I used the 'Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer' option.

Upon restarting I was met with no input to my monitor, whether directly to my GPU or motherboard. I've tried resetting the CMOS by both shorting the PINs and removing the battery, as this was the only potential solution I was able to find. I've unplugged and reseated everything on the motherboard, and don't know how to proceed.

Unfortunately I'm still stuck with a computer that won't display anything on my monitors, I'm not even sure if it is posting or what but I'm completely incapable of getting my computer to output anything to my displays. Other solutions talk about disabling Driver Verifier but I can't even access my BIOS or anything, let alone boot into windows in a way that I'm able to access the command prompt.

I feel like a complete fool because I'd disregarded the warning signs but didn't think that it would have been this much of an issue. I'm on my wits end and am close to bringing it in to a shop, but this is my hail mary prior to doing so.

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32 GB DDR4 3200
MOBO: ASUS PRIME Z270-P
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti
CPU: I7-7700K

Not quite sure what other information I can provide at the time. Let me know if you have any questions as I'd like to solve this.

Thanks ahead, and pardon my stupidity.

Solution
Unfortunately I'm still stuck with a computer that won't display anything on my monitors, I'm not even sure if it is posting or what but I'm completely incapable of getting my computer to output anything to my displays. Other solutions talk about disabling Driver Verifier but I can't even access my BIOS or anything, let alone boot into windows in a way that I'm able to access the command prompt.
Remove graphics card from system.
Connect monitor to integrated graphics.
Boot from windows installation media and run System restore.
Restore to time before you enabled Driver Verifier.

Scroll down to "Undo changes with System Restore" - for instructions.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10
Feb 20, 2022
Hey so I took out my GPU, plugging an HDMI directly into the motherboard and voila! Was at least able to post to my BIOS since the start of this issue. So thank you for at least getting me this far! Closest I've been to solving it so far.

My PSU is: Thermaltake ToughPower Gold 750W

Would my next step be to try to boot into Windows to disable the Driver Verifier? I'm currently sitting at the America Megatrends screen regarding my keyboard being disconnected, but will wait to hear what my next step should be.

Reactions: dsijb
Solution
Feb 20, 2022

So I was actually able to use the System Restore function that comes built in rather than needing to use an installation media file, and it seems to have restored to a functional state. After putting my GPU back in I have been able to boot into Windows, and my problem seems to be fixed! So thank you to you both for your exceptionally quick replies.

I really appreciate it!! <3

Reactions: dudio