Question DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE because of ntoskrnl.exe

Dave8671

Distinguished
I do not see any I am guessing picture on that link it loads a blank page. Whete did that mesaage show on your screen?

Ok this could be a power issue like power saving. If you have the power saving on than disable it like for savimg hdd power etc.

Last edited:

capyxcix

Prominent
Oct 15, 2018
I do not see any I am guessing picture on that link it loads a blank page. Whete did that mesaage show on your screen?

Dump FileCrash TimeBug Check StringBug Check CodeParameter 1Parameter 2Parameter 3Parameter 4
Caused By Driver
Caused By Address
050719-7140-01.dmp5/7/2019 7:53:09 PMDRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE0x0000009f00000000"00000003ffffa50d"18bdbcd0fffff68a"8543f7d0ffffa50d"18ae3010ntoskrnl.exentoskrnl.exe+1b37e0

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

capyxcix

Prominent
Oct 15, 2018
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

Here is a Onedrive link to the latest BSOD.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArC_ycfFRCa6neQJGgyUtlJ4M5IB4w

capyxcix

Prominent
Oct 15, 2018

I found out that it is because of Windows 8 drivers on a Windows 10 machine. Do you know of any way to check for the incompatible drivers?

Here is where I found it out and I am getting the same message.

https://superuser.com/questions/1030591/bsod-win8-driver-fault-on-windows-10

Edit:
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_IMAGE_UsbHub3.sys
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_ACPI_IMAGE_USBXHCI.SYS

Seems to be something wrong with my monitors drivers. My monitor has a built in USB hub that I use for my headset.

Colif

Win 11 Master
you can run a program called Driverview

Set iits options to not show microsoft drivers, and look at the oldest drivers shown and see if you can find newer ones, or just show a screenshot in here and I can help.

there is another way but this is the simplest for now.

I can't read dumps myself but will send link to someone who can.

capyxcix

Prominent
Oct 15, 2018
you can run a program called Driverview

Set iits options to not show microsoft drivers, and look at the oldest drivers shown and see if you can find newer ones, or just show a screenshot in here and I can help.

there is another way but this is the simplest for now.

I can't read dumps myself but will send link to someone who can.

I found the drivers causing the issues. Both of these drivers in the screenshot have been showing up in the dump files.

http://prntscr.com/nmaa7t

capyxcix

Prominent
Oct 15, 2018
usb drivers are built into windows, Asmedia USB has shown up recently in another bsod I was dealing with.

what motherboard do you have?

Do you have latest bios/chipset drivers for board?

I have a Asus z170-Deluxe. Those drivers in the screenshot have now been updated. I am hoping this will fix the issues. The BSODs were random so I will just have to wait and see. I am not sure if I have the latest bios/chipset drivers.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/KTKU.html

File information:050819-7171-01.dmp (May 8 2019 - 13:56:15)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9F)
Probably caused by:USBXHCI.SYS (Process: javaw.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 14 Sec(s)

Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2)

BIOS information was not included in the dump file. This can sometimes mean an outdated BIOS is being used.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
these are too old for win 10 and I am not sure what 1st one would even do?

DateDriverDescription
Sep 15 2009 nvoclk64.sys NVIDIA System Utility driver
Nov 18 2009 jnprvamgr.sys Juniper Network Agent Virtual Adapter Manager driver
Oct 30 2014 jnprns.sys Juniper Network Service Light Weight Filter driver

well, anything older than JUly 2015 is too old.

What creative sound card is it? MIght want to find newer drivers, as they from 2014 as well.

I have seen these drivers show up on other bsod as well
Nov 23 2015 bcmwl63a.sys Broadcom 802 11 Network Adapter Wireless driver http://www.broadcom.com/support/
Jan 21 2016 bcbtums.sys Broadcom Bluetooth Firmware Download Filter driver

you have 18 drivers that are all possible choices. and thats without looking at the ones after july 2015
Asmedia drivers aren't even that old.

which BIOS version are you on?

Dave8671

Distinguished
What brand is this computer, did you upgrade from windows 8.x? Sometimes windowx 10 will use win8 drivers. This nvoclk64.sys is ntune. I would remove that but in doing so so it may screw with the GPU drivers so download them from their website.

TRENDING THREADS