[SOLVED] (Drivereasy) Need of help! games at unplayable fps after intel chipset driver update

Sep 4, 2019
Hey guys, I recently used drivereasy to update the intel chipset drivers to the latest versions. But after restarting my pc, All of my games dropped to almost unplayable fps(fortntie 50-60)(csgo 50-90).

* I already have updated my gpu and motherboard to the latest driver updates. Changed nvidia and pc setting to max or high performance.

GTX 1080
i7-6700k
16gb 3200mhz

Thank you!

Solution
well, don't use driver easy to update drivers, that is one thing. If you want Intel drivers that aren't on the Asus website, use the Intel updater.

I believe the Asus motherboard has a utility called AI SUite which includes a function that updates drivers for that particular motherboard, its half way down the long list of utilities on your motherbaords website - https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/HelpDesk_Download/

Since problem started after running driver easy, if you don't use it again, it might not happen again
Sep 4, 2019
Hey thanks for quick the reply.
I have Asrock z170 x1/3.1. One thing I forgot to mention was that. I updated my motherboard from the manufacture website. And then, used drivereasy to install intel chipset drivers

Also, I’m getting a new Asus z270 a prime motherboard paired with the new 240gb ssd to upgrade my build tomorrow . If I were to remove my old hard drives and fresh install the windows 10 on my ssd, would that solve all the problems i’m Having right now?

Sep 4, 2019
^^Even before the problem. My gtx 1080 and i7 6700k seemed to always under perform than other rigs with similar specs. I’m wondering if that was a motherboard problem or HDD. Do you think the new z270 motherboard could fix this issue

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sep 4, 2019
Okay, I will definitely look into that. But for the current problem,What can I do to fix the drivers problem. Although I’m switching motherboard I want to know so I can fix it if it happens next time

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, don't use driver easy to update drivers, that is one thing. If you want Intel drivers that aren't on the Asus website, use the Intel updater.

I believe the Asus motherboard has a utility called AI SUite which includes a function that updates drivers for that particular motherboard, its half way down the long list of utilities on your motherbaords website - https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/HelpDesk_Download/

Since problem started after running driver easy, if you don't use it again, it might not happen again

Reactions: evafirst
Solution