Question Drivers for Bluetooth Tp-Link UB500 Realtek chip

morpheas768

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Hello,

I just bought a tp-link UB500 and I am trying to connect my Haylou Moripods to it, on my Windows 7 64bit system.
When clicking "Add Device" and pairing them, the software begins installing them, and several modules install successfully, but 2 of them will not install and give me an error message saying "Device driver software was not successfully installed - No driver found".
I then get 2 devices on Device Manager that are marked as "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" with a yellow exclamation mark. I cannot update the driver manually, because my OS isnt finding a driver for these 2 devices.
All of this is happening with the setup file I downloaded from the official tp-link support site, for UB500.
The UB500 fully supports Windows 7, according to what the tp-link claims.
My Haylou Moripods work perfectly fine on 2 separate smartphones btw, one is a Bluetooth v4.0, and the other is 5.0.
I have already tried removing device, adding+pairing it several times, checked the settings, device manager, and basically tried everything I could think of to get it to work.
I am still missing an important driver somehow.

Just tested those exact same devices on a fresh Windows 10 installation I have for testing purposes. Everything worked perfectly fine, no issues.

So I know it has something to do with the drivers for Windows 7.
I contacted TP-Link and even talked to them on the phone, but they could not help.

Is there a link I can download the latest Realtek drivers for my UB500 somewhere for Windows 7 ??

Please help, I dont know what else to do.

Thanks in advance

Lutfij

Titan
Considering you're trying to work with that adapter on Windows 7(and you managed to get a clean install of Windows 10 going as well), out of curiosity, what is the make and model of your motherboard(and it's BIOS version)? If your motherboard lacks Windows 7 support it's possible that the chipset drivers are conflicting with the drivers for the device. It could also be that the OS might be corrupt, where did you source the installer for Windows 7? Perhaps your motherboard just needs a reinstallation of it's chipset drivers.

I downloaded the zipped drivers folder, can you explain how you installed the drivers on Windows 7?

Last edited:

morpheas768

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Considering you're trying to work with that adapter on Windows 7(and you managed to get a clean install of Windows 10 going as well), out of curiosity, what is the make and model of your motherboard(and it's BIOS version)? If your motherboard lacks Windows 7 support it's possible that the chipset drivers are conflicting with the drivers for the device. It could also be that the OS might be corrupt, where did you source the installer for Windows 7? Perhaps your motherboard just needs a reinstallation of it's chipset drivers.

I downloaded the zipped drivers folder, can you explain how you installed the drivers on Windows 7?
My motherboard is the MSI B350 Tomahawk (latest firmware).
I dont really think that the motherboard drivers have anything to do with a bluetooth realtek chipset in a usb dongle?? Am I wrong?
Anyway, it lacks Windows 7 support, and since I have it paired with a Ryzen 5 3600, I used modded drivers from canonkong, over at level1techs.
It was difficult to get it to work without bluescreens, but I made it happen with a very specific version of those modded drivers (he has released about 20 versions until now).

I dont know if "the OS is corrupt" as you say, but the Windows installation is very old indeed, and when I got my Ryzen 3600 + B350, I didnt do a fresh installation of Win 7.
I re-deployed the system using Macrium Reflect, and I still have leftover stuff from Intel both in registry and on Windows System32 (and elsewhere as well).
I have tried manually removing the Intel driver stuff from my system, but it caused system crashes and bluescreens. I dont think I can fully remove them at this point.

Not sure what you mean by "where did you source the installer for Windows 7".
Its my personally owned Windows 7 that I have since....I dont know, 2009? I dont even remember at this point. It has the latest updates and everything.

I cannot reinstall the chipset drivers, it will completely ruin my custom driver setup, because I am using a combination of official AMD chipset drivers + modded canonkong drivers + modded USB 3 drivers from MDL. I will not touch those ever, it could literally brick my system, and if that happens, I cant just reinstall everything. On a fresh Windows 7 installation, USB simply does not work at all. And since I cant use keyboard and mouse, I cant do anything. When I originally Re-Deployed, I used an old PS/2 mouse to install the drivers and then I was able to use my USB devices. I do not have the PS/2 mouse anymore :(

The zipped drivers folder? You mean from TP-link? I just run the setup.
I also have tried a TON of different drivers at this point, manually installing them by pressing "Have Disk" on Device Manager, tried so many different things I dont even remember atm.
I have already had to do a full system restore using Macrium Reflect 3 times, because of the malware and cr@p I put in my system, while I was desperate and would download just about anything, from sketchy russian sites to automatic driver installation programs that just put Opera, Search bars, uTorrent etc on your system without even asking.

At this point I have deduced that this realtek device simply does not fully support Windows 7 (only some features work) and that TP-Link is just lying to me.

I am also starting to pinpoint the problem to A2DP and AVCRP, as I did a search of those 2 unidentified devices in device manager using their hardware ids and 1 website I looked them up in told me that it is A2DP and another told me its AVCRP.

Not sure if I can trust those sources though.

Realtek RTL8761B chipset
wonder why i can't find any drivers for it. Its not exactly old, released in 2019 - https://datasheet.lcsc.com/lcsc/2109131630_Realtek-Semicon-RTL8761BUV-CG_C2687140.pdf
only sites I find with it I wouldn't trust. Its odd there isn't a realtek site for it.

this might help - https://gist.github.com/peteristhegreat/b48da772167f86f43decbd34edbd0849
I have already tried this particular driver (and about 25 others) and it doesnt work, when I try installing it, it tells me "there are unauthorized bluetooth devices, please remove them and then try again" and then just fails to install it.
Obviously I tried removing all traces of previous bluetooth drivers, but to no avail.
Btw, the only driver that will run and install successfully with a setup.exe is the one from TP-Link, nothing else works.

But in any case, I have already tried a manual installation of this particular driver.
Its the same driver files that TP-Link provides, just an older version. It didnt fix my problem anyway.

Honestly it is quite ridiculous that Realtek does not provide an official installer for drivers for this device. I dont get it.