Drivers for Broadcom network adapter Win 10

kittypryde

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
Hi there, I need help updating/using an older version for my Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter. My laptop is an Alienware 17 on Win 10 x64.

I cannot rollback or have any restore points. I cannot find any updates as it tells me I have the best and latest driver already.

I have tried uninstalling then installing a recommended driver from Dell after I let it recognise my system but it gave me the same message about having the latest and best one already installed just after I uninstalled the previous one (makes no sense to me). After a lot of googling and finding no answers about what one to download, I still don't know if the one I tried was even compatible with my Broadcom 802.11ac. I was told that Dell should have one but I couldn't find it.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:

Can I just buy a wireless network usb adapter and be done with this? I can just switch to it when I need to download something. I'm probably coming across impatient but I really need this solved soon. :/

kittypryde

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
Can I just buy a wireless network usb adapter and be done with this? I can just switch to it when I need to download something. I'm probably coming across impatient but I really need this solved soon. :/