Question Drivers for Win 11

Ramin-Ras

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013
Hi
I want to build a new pc (12900k + MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR5 + DDR5 6000mhz cl36 + RTX 3080 TI + Win 11 )
it is my first time to using win 11.
Right now i heard from a friend that win 11 no need any intel driver ( i dont know his word is true or not ) and when i look at msi website there is so many driver can someone please help we which one should i install for win 11!!! for example what is Intel Management Engine Driver do i need it?
or
in On-Board Audio Drivers why they have 2 driver for audio which one should i install? and so many other quastions
my PC is a gaming one i uploaded a list of all drivers please tell me which one i need to install
yeah i know it is a nooby quastion but in PS we didnt use any driver and most of laptop are ready to use :LOL: sorry for that

1_9158d.png

t346117_.png

o287738_.png

o712487_.png

c082528_.png

d315253_.png

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
right, start with getting windows running and let update do its thing. once update has finished, then look at device manager and see if anything needs a driver.

then, go back and look for one. saves a ton of time gathering drivers you don't actually need.

Ramin-Ras

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013
You should typically install the latest ones for your os. The chipset drivers and gpu drivers will be the biggest. As far as audio, ethernet etc, you can download them from the web also, but many times windows seems to do well at finding those on it's own.
right, start with getting windows running and let update do its thing. once update has finished, then look at device manager and see if anything needs a driver.

then, go back and look for one. saves a ton of time gathering drivers you don't actually need.
yeah that i am talking about
for sure i need Intel Chipset Driver and wifi and BT driver
also i dont need On board vga but 1- what about Audio Drivers why they have 2 driver over ther ?
2- what about On-Board SATA AHCI/RAID Drivers ?
3- and most important quation is in Others Drivers there is a Intel Management Engine Driver ( what is this? ) and Intel Serial IO Drivers do i need these?