Drivers for Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit for Sony VAIO VPCEG3AEN

visusr

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
I have sony vaio E series VPCEG3AEN laptop. And it is loaded with windows 7 64bit home edition. Because of my project work, I installed windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.
Now I want drivers for windows 7 ultimate 32 bit for my laptop.

Solution
@Visusr - restore your laptop to factory defaults, and install Visual Studio / SQL Server etc. But before that - put all this BS about "it's better to install 32-bit" where the sun does not shine... I am using VS2010 on 64-bit windows for ages without any problems.

visusr

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014

Yes, I already googled and also searched in Sony's website and downloaded drivers. Mainly I searched for wireless LAN drivers. But after installing those drivers, the system is still unable to detect the available networks (wi-fi).

visusr

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014

Some of my missing drivers are nvidia graphics, WLAN drivers....
Mainly I want WLAN drivers to detect available networks and connect as per I requested.

For my project, initially I have to install SQL server 2008, Visual Studio 2010. Some of my guides said that "its better to install windows 7 32 bit to code,run and execute the project without errors. In other OS some times projects may not work and execute properly. In some cases errors may occur".

@Visusr - restore your laptop to factory defaults, and install Visual Studio / SQL Server etc. But before that - put all this BS about "it's better to install 32-bit" where the sun does not shine... I am using VS2010 on 64-bit windows for ages without any problems.

Solution

visusr

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014

Ok Alabalcho, I'll try what you said. But before that, I have another doubt. Actually I installed Windows 7 32-bit ultimate as second operating system in my laptop. [i.e., Dual Operating System].
In Windows 7 64-bit Home Basic which is already loaded, almost all the required drivers are installed and working properly until now. Can I install the same drivers for second OS - windows 7 32-bit ultimate in my laptop. Or Are there any separate drivers for Windows 7 32-bit ultimate in Sony VAIO E series VPCEG3AEN?

Unless (by a chance) Sony has preloaded 32-bit drivers onto original Windows installation, you cannot use same drivers.

The drivers contain files with .INF extension, which describes what the drivers is for, and how to isntall it. Look at your disk after restore, whether you can find any of these files outside Windows folder. They might be also provided on separate (hidden) partition. And while you are here, make sure you have made the recovery media as well.

There is another option: Install your 32-bit Windows inside virtual machine. I am not sure Microsoft' VirtualPC will work on Home Basic edition, but e.g. Oracle' Virtual box should work.