[SOLVED] Drivers install order for notebooks

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
Hello,

I want to upgrade my Notebook SSD to 2TB and I downloaded the drivers needed from Dell site , Got Windows ISO , but I need to know the order of drivers , which one should I install first?

I Assume the chipset first , but what about the other drivers ?

Solution
Chipset, LAN/WiFi, audio, graphics adapter. If this model has both an iGPU and a discreet graphics card, then I'd install the integrated CPU graphics driver FIRST, and the driver for the gaming or workstation adapter second. Any other drivers will MOST LIKELY be automatically installed by Windows or as part of the Windows update routine. Be sure to run Windows update through ALL of the available updates after you're done installing the Dell supplied drivers.
Chipset, LAN/WiFi, audio, graphics adapter. If this model has both an iGPU and a discreet graphics card, then I'd install the integrated CPU graphics driver FIRST, and the driver for the gaming or workstation adapter second. Any other drivers will MOST LIKELY be automatically installed by Windows or as part of the Windows update routine. Be sure to run Windows update through ALL of the available updates after you're done installing the Dell supplied drivers.

Solution

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019

Thanks , it works fine , which makes me wonder , is there a way or a tool to automate the Driver installs ? that is I dont have to install them manually so I Leave the notebook until it finishes everyhthing and the cycle of reboots and driver installs ? The windows Update system does this automatically , so I wonder if there is a way?

There automatic driver tools, but they are HIGHLY NOT recommended to be used. Install drivers manually, that way you can be sure to source the correct AND the latest drivers, per the manufacturer, not per some fly by the seat of your pants software company that doesn't actually give a damn whether your system runs properly afterwards so long as they can slipstream their malware onto your machine. Avoid them. Install drivers yourself.

If you have a lot of machines to install the same drivers on, you can always slipstream the drivers into the Windows installer.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
There automatic driver tools, but they are HIGHLY NOT recommended to be used. Install drivers manually, that way you can be sure to source the correct AND the latest drivers, per the manufacturer, not per some fly by the seat of your pants software company that doesn't actually give a damn whether your system runs properly afterwards so long as they can slipstream their malware onto your machine. Avoid them. Install drivers yourself.

If you have a lot of machines to install the same drivers on, you can always slipstream the drivers into the Windows installer.

Thanks for the advice , any good tutorial about slipstreaming drivers into the windows installer?