Question Drivers, rendering and choosing GPU

Jan 3, 2022
How much does GPU drivers affect choosing the right GPU for you?
I was wondering how does AMD 6000 series, NVIDIA 3000 and upcoming Intel ARC support Blender and Octane?
I'm reading that Nvidia has CUDA, AMD has HIP .

Will upcoming Intel ARC support Blender GPU acceleration?

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
HI
I gave it a try for 3 videos,. i reduced by half size . (i could not play with resolution since the vid was already in 360.
it is kind of ok i mean considering there are no watermarks it is satisfying.

now the thing is that sometimes i have like 5 videos or more to reduce size.

Is there a way to just copy 5 vid drag them or paste them click ok and when i come back home i find 5 smaller video? cause at the moment i have to import the vid select the options click start , delete the projet drag a new project etc 5 times. it is a bit babysitting to . If there was a was to tell the program just always do that take those 5 vid paste click enter done?

drivers and hardware solutions for image rendering are not the same thing.

if you have some specific hardware questions for specific rendering you may want to do some more research and create a new thread based on those specific technologies.

you will not get the same in-depth responses based on this thread's title.

Jan 3, 2022
drivers and hardware solutions for image rendering are not the same thing.

if you have some specific hardware questions for specific rendering you may want to do some more research and create a new thread based on those specific technologies.

you will not get the same in-depth responses based on this thread's title.
I didn't know that before. When Blender 3.0 was released, AMD introduced HIP runtime API and removed OpenCL support in the process. AMD stated you need new driver to use in with Blender 3.0 so I thought that driver contains API.

I don't know what kind of runtime API will Intel use for Alchemist in Blender.