[SOLVED] Drivers will not install, even if the Nvidia installer says they have.

Oct 24, 2019
I was having problems in some of my video games so I decided to uninstall my graphic drivers. When I reinstalled them, the process completed and I restarted my computer. However, I was unable to play any games as my computer did not apparently have the sufficient drivers. I tried installing them in safe mode and that did not work either. Any ideas on how I can solve my problem?

Side note: I had a problem with a trojan virus prior to this and I don't think it ever really fully left my pc after I tried to get rid of it.

Solution
Could be coincidental. Worked on a PC recently that GPU was failing, and had almost the same driver issue. Says it would install,but after reboot it never showed up/installed correctly. Fresh installed Win10 as well. Card was bad. Fans working correctly on the 780? Temps checked lately? Since you seem to have a reoccurring virus of sorts. I'd attempt a reinstall of the OS and updates to eliminate that as the cause.
Oct 24, 2019
The problem with the virus was mostly a search add on. I used spy hunter to remove it, but then the search add on reappeared shortly after. In addition, the reason I uninstalled the driver in the first place is because I was playing gta v and the game crashed, which had never happened prior to me having the virus.

As for specs:
CPU: Intel i5-7600k
GPU: EVGA GTX 780
RAM: 16gb DDR4 2400 (2x8)
Mobo: msi z270 sli plus
Storage: wd blue 1tb, 120gb ssd, 500gb ssd

Could be coincidental. Worked on a PC recently that GPU was failing, and had almost the same driver issue. Says it would install,but after reboot it never showed up/installed correctly. Fresh installed Win10 as well. Card was bad. Fans working correctly on the 780? Temps checked lately? Since you seem to have a reoccurring virus of sorts. I'd attempt a reinstall of the OS and updates to eliminate that as the cause.

Solution
Oct 24, 2019
Is it possible to reinstall the os but keep all of my data?

TRENDING THREADS