Question Drivers won't install

zackintigh

Prominent
Apr 6, 2018
I recently got a gt 730 for a low-end build the card itself works fine but, it won't install drivers. It shows up in device manager as the correct thing though. I keep getting this error. I have even tried to roll back the driver a few times. I also have made sure that i am installing the 64-bit version on a 64-bit system. Could this be the bios?

Specs are:
Intel i3-8100
asus z370-p mobo
12gb ram
gt 730 graphics card
1tb hdd
128gb ssd

Windows 10 64-bit

Last edited:
If it says GT 730 under the device manger settings, then this means the OS has recognized the card, IMO, after a driver install. Else, it will show as "Microsoft Basic Display ADAPTER" . Which driver version are you actually trying to install, the latest ones from NVIDIA, or some older version ?

Make sure you are installing the Game ready drivers/GRD. Have you tried to install this particular version of Nvidia drivers, 430.64 ?

zackintigh

Prominent
Apr 6, 2018
I am trying to install the latest drivers from nvidia, The game ready ones, I have tried using geforce experience and installing them manually I have also tried installing an older driver, and got the same error. Also the only reason that it say gt 730 in device manager is because I installed the windows driver for the card.

Last edited:
I tried installing the windows 8 drivers and it did nothing
If you're running windows 10, then you need the windows 10 drivers for the card....the current windows 10 drivers do support the gt 730.

I'm wondering if the card is faulty, or even a cheap Chinese fake made to report being a 730 when it's actually something far older (quite common)......but as I don't know where you got the card from, I can't comment on that.

zackintigh

Prominent
Apr 6, 2018
well i did get it from ebay but it came in the original box and has all the original stickers for bios and everything else on the back. It also has the correct cooler for the card. I used gpu-z and the bios matched the one on the back of the card.