Question Drives Disconnecting During

MaxArk

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012
I've added an 8TB SATA had drive to my Mediasonic PROBOX 4 Bay 3.5” SATA Hard Drive Enclosure.
When in the process of transferring files over to this new drive, there are moments the transfer drops to zero, and after sometimes several minutes, the transfer will resume. All too many times though, the 4 bay enclosure is disconnected entirely from Windows resulting in of course a transfer error. The 4 bay does reconnect itself and Windows recognizes the drives as normal. I can resume file transfer, but with larger files, or if I try to transfer files in bulk, this happens. The most reliable way for me to do this is to transfer individual file by individual file, and still risk the larger ones messing up.

Any thoughts on what is happening here and what can be done to eliminate the problem so I can proceed with unsupervised file transfer?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

How are files being transferred? Third party software, drag & drop, DOS, Powershell.... ?

Power perhaps. Reference the following thread:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...using-an-usb-enclosure.3786366/#post-22863965

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system/drive performance during file transfers. Use both tools but only one tool at a time.

Watch for what happens or, conversely, stops happening when the file transfer drops to zero.