Question Drives not recognized in BIOS ?

aryanmirdha10

Reputable
Dec 21, 2017
So, long story short, my PC was working perfectly fine until my PSU got fried by high voltage. After 6 months of not using my PC bought new one but now a new problem is there. I started the PC and instead of loading up Windows normally it says "Enter a valid bootable media". And also my BIOS menu button also doesn't work for some reason. So I unplugged all Hard Drives, let the PC automatically go into BIOS and then connected the drives (yes I have hot plugging enabled), but none of my drives show up in the BIOS. I don't know if the fault is with my drives, the BIOS, or every single SATA port

P.S. I have 3 HDDs and 1 SSD which my OS was installed and a few games

Probably, when PSU died, it fried all your drives too.
Try booting into BIOS with only single drive connected (not all simultaneously). Don't do hot plug.
See, if any drive can be detected in BIOS.

BTW - did you reuse old PSU cables in new pc? Using wrong modular PSU cables can kill/damage hardware connected.

aryanmirdha10

Reputable
Dec 21, 2017
Probably, when PSU died, it fried all your drives too.
Try booting into BIOS with only single drive connected (not all simultaneously). Don't do hot plug.
See, if any drive can be detected in BIOS.

BTW - did you reuse old PSU cables in new pc? Using wrong modular PSU cables can kill/damage hardware connected.
The drives are fine because obviously i had to use data from them so i bought the USB to SATA connector for my laptop n recovered what i needed from the drives their data is completely intact. and yes i tried to use only 1 drive it still says the same thing "use boot device" and in BIOS all 6 SATA slots of my mobo says "empty" below them. so no drives are being recognised in the BIOS. no i cant cuz its not a modular PSU it has 1 hole where all the wires come from

TRENDING THREADS