Question Drives not recognized

Apr 3, 2022
So I replaced my case yesterday after I finished everything booted up fine. After i closed up the case my hard drives stopped being recognized by bios. I have checked the connections, replaced the SATA cables, replaced the psu sata cables and nothing. I even have tried a different psu and still get the same results. At this point I'm thinking my drives are dead. could use some other input though. (when the ssd or hdd is plugged into the psu and when the power button is pressed. The psu will make a click and will shut off immediately before loading anything. Unplug the drives and it goes right into bios)

Apr 3, 2022
Are these modlar PSUs?

Did you completely replace the cables, and only use the ones that came with each PSU?

Please give us a full rundown of ALL parts in this system.
Make/model of everything.
I replaced all the cables with the one that came with the new psu. I even swapped the psu to my old one (still works just upgraded for a 3070ti) and swapped the cables to the old ones and thesame issue persisted. also tried plugging the sata cables on a different port on the mobo and issue persisted
psu-evga 850w GQ series
case-NZXT h510 elite
hdd-seagate barracuda 2tb 7200 rpm
ssd-samsung evo 850 250gb
gpu-3060 12gb
mobo-asus tuf z390 plus gaming
cpu-I7 9700k
aio-razer kraken x53
ram-corsair vengence lpx 2x 16gb

Apr 3, 2022
Moving to a new case, and then suddenly all drives are non existent is not the drive.

Either power supply, or motherboard installation.

You used the proper standoffs for this case?
yea. After I installed everything the pc booted fine up. Drives were recognized. This issue started the moment I shut it down and put the back panel on

Apr 3, 2022
//UPDATE// I found an old dell pc. I hooked up my hard drive to it using the dells connections and it still couldn't find the hard drive. At this point I'm assuming that it's dead

TRENDING THREADS